Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Maybe a UTE???

604-33.jpg604-34.jpg
604-301.jpg
604-311.jpg

BenzBoy

Grand Master
That's it!!! A Ute for the parrot? I hope it has a little more squark than the Dauphin series motor....
Maybe it a Gordini with nitro? That could be why Mr S was not at the MBCNSW meeting last night......out testing the notro kit and the afterburner... :D:D:D:D
Regards,
BenzBoy

abl567

Super Moderator
Lets hope the Pirate has gone quiet while he seeks out a more suitable replacement for the 6.9...:D:D:D:D

SELfor50

Styria, I got a datsun 120y if you wanna swap it straight for the 6.9??!! :D :D ;)

Fair swap!! :)

G

GreaseMonkey

So long as it is a 203, 404 or 504 I will be happy.
Anything else Mr S and you're the target for paintball - parrot or no parrot!! :D
Regards,
BenzBoy
Or one of those eighties 205GTIs with the 1.9
Cool car, (for an eighties trendy youngster anyway).
Chris

G

GreaseMonkey

I bet it is this one... 604 with the big V6 engine

Here is the famous Sylvie Vartan
p604.jpg
I was always a Sylvie V fan, unlike the V6 in the 604, definitely not a fan, after I had one let go a timing chain.
Chris

G

GreaseMonkey

Or a factory presidential?

Peugeot-Mitterand.jpg

Peugeot-GiscarddEstaing.jpg
Not much chop for a pres is it?
But I for one loved the Mitterand years, you just never knew what dirt would be dug up (or buried!) tomorrow.
Chris

Parks

so what other cars have a lion as an emblem? and Ive already said count out the peugeot.........1999 upwards

Parks

Surely not?

holden_logo5.jpg

:D

Styria

The Godfather
Hi guys, thanks heaps for all the Pug pics - if the truth be known, I used to absolutely drool over the 607 Sedan with the V6 engine. At the time , I could not think of a better looking car.

It's history now that really it was a sales failure, and furthermore it has been proven that the V6 engine which was a work of collaboration between Peugeot, Volvo and a third manufacturer (I have forgotten which), also basically proved very troublesome with water getting into the oil etc. etc. Ask any Volvo owner with this engine fitted. BTW, we are talking about 25 years ago.

Talking about the lion, and we are getting closer to solving the mystery. I have always been intrigued how both Peugeot and Holden could have a lion as their company mascot. Does anyone have an explanation how this could be accepted legally ?

The car that Julie and I have bought, or are buying jointly, is a 2000 Statesman WH fitted with the all alloy 5.7 Chevy engine and 4 speed auto tranny.I had always admired the looks of that Statesman and, in that regard, it is still the goods. Mechanically speaking, the Chevy engine should be stone reliable, it has plenty of get up and go and it is only the suspension that lets it down somewhat - speed humps can be a bit of an experience.

Fuel Economy is excellent for this type of car - 11.6/100k.'s for mixed country/suburban driving and about 14/100 at other times in the subs.

Bought the car off my oldest boy, who bought a HSV Club Special. I have the original sales document, complete service records, leather upholstery, glass sunroof, 6 CD - stacker, steering wheel audio controls, A/Con - all in all, a very palatable package.When new, the car cost about $65,000 with all the extras !

Pics. to follow in due course. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
The car that Julie and I have bought, or are buying jointly, is a 2000 Statesman WH fitted with the all alloy 5.7 Chevy engine and 4 speed auto tranny.I had always admired the looks of that Statesman and, in that regard, it is still the goods. Mechanically speaking, the Chevy engine should be stone reliable, it has plenty of get up and go and it is only the suspension that lets it down somewhat - speed humps can be a bit of an experience.

Fuel Economy is excellent for this type of car - 11.6/100k.'s for mixed country/suburban driving and about 14/100 at other times in the subs.

Bought the car off my oldest boy, who bought a HSV Club Special. I have the original sales document, complete service records, leather upholstery, glass sunroof, 6 CD - stacker, steering wheel audio controls, A/Con - all in all, a very palatable package.When new, the car cost about $65,000 with all the extras !

Pics. to follow in due course. Regards Styria

CONGRATULATIONS Mr Moderator....

Have you considered putting it on LPG?
It would only cost you a few hundred dollars and would save you a packet..
remember you get $2000 instantly back from the Feds..

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Michel, up to now, cost of petrol has never been an issue for me. It is still cheaper and far more comfortable, and convenient - by far on all counts, to use your car rather than using public transport unless, of course, you'd want to use the 300km/hour fast train in Taiwan and pay about $50.00 to travel just about all the way to Brisbane in total comfort in no more than about five hours.

I don't like LPG - the tank encroaches on luggage space, there is a power loss, you use more gas per 100 kilometers, the tanks are too small and, last but not least, it only creates unnecessary additional mechanical complications, not to forget alterations to parts of the interior. That's how I feel anyway. Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
And very nice they are too - must beloved by country ####ies (c-o-c-k-ies) for long distances in comfort and reliability. But no 3 pointed star for the budgie to perch on? That really makes me wonder where the budgie will ride now....:eek:
Regards,
BenzBoy