Des

Styria; I know in the past you have mentioned you have had wheels for sale,

do you have any at the moment?
type/size/spec/price etc...?

thanks
Des

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Des, presently I am 'safekeeping' a set of unmarked Bundts made by a German Company by the name of MELBER. They belong to a friend of mine who has fitted 15" Bundts to his Milan Brown 6.9.

Obviously, they are 14", but where they differ to the normal Mercedes Bundts is in the width of the outside lip of the rim. They are very similar in that regard to the 15" Bundts. I also believe that they are forged rather than cast alloy but I stand to be corrected on that statement. They are considerably heavier and more solid than the standard items. Regards, Styria

OP
Des

Des

Ok thanks, they must be T/X wheels? The ones that have the funny size tyres

keep me posted if you spot some 15" Bundts

ta

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Des, can I ask you what are t/x wheels as I have absolutely no idea. !5" Bundts - pretty hard to come by and very, very expensive - I am sure you're familiar with their pricing structure, but one never knows. Regards, Styria

OP
Des

Des

they are a type of wheel made that takes a unique tyre, TX type.
Some BMW's, Jag's came with them back in the 1980's

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Des, am I therefore correct when I assume that only 'metric' specified tyres will fit those rims, or is it to do with the shape of the lip of the rim ? I have heard it said that Jaguars in particular need very expensive tyres and I know of one Jax Tyres franchisee who changed the rims on his V12 model just to be able to fit more sensibly priced tyres.

The Melbers I am talking about would take conventional tyres - I will have to dig them out for you to take some pics. Regards Styria