The Mercules Thread

More threads by Des

Des

Must be time for a "The Mercules Thread"

I understand you sold your MercFord some time ago and you have hinted at aspirations of another Mercedes project, what are you feeling would be your next project?

6.9?
another heart transplant car?

While not everyone on the w116 forum would do what you did, I think we all found your adventures and build up quite interesting and showed what can be done if you have the skills, talent, determination, and don't mind getting your hands dirty.

Mercules

Spiltting lanes
To tell the truth Des, I was on the verge of tears when Cam drove the Fordedes away and my mind has not (& will not) stopped thinking about my next project.

Firstly it will have to wait till I move to a new place of residence... one with a garage! I was lucky enough to store the Fordedes in the back lot of a mech workshop whilst I was initially working on it. My current pad has a tiny garage but its full of our crap.

Secondly, I am about to start a new job one of Australia's leading importers (whom shall remain nameless) and they have a very attractive leasing package :) so not having a project car as a daily driver will help immensely!

As far as as engine conversions go, I am thinking I would stick with a 450SE -but twin turbo it :rolleyes: Should make about 350 kilowatts with conservative boost. I have done quite a few turbo conversions and they are a damn sight easier than engine converisons!!!

I loved my old Mercedes - the styling & interior were fantastic, especially for a vehicle of that age -I will definately get another one when the time is right.

The long & short of it is, you should never take on a project wen you're not prepared to spend money and I am not at that stage yet... but hope to be soon.

Don't worry - you all will be the first to know! ;)

SELfor50

Can't wait... (i'm looking for the drooling smiley, but it's nowhere! ;) )

I'm sure it's gonna be a cracker of a project whatever it is!

116Benz

An Ausse version of Kleeman or Mosselman. THAT would be awesome!