Ferguson Four wheel Drive

More threads by sean sherry

Styria

The Godfather
Very few cars that look better than a Jensen Interceptor. Many years ago, I had the option of buying one for $12K. - so that proves that it was long ago ! Why didn't I buy it, or perhaps a Lancia Flaminia Saloon at $3K. at the time - maybe money. The Flaminia had a badly slipping clutch, so no go, whilst the Interceptor, with its ALL and EVERYWHERE leather interior, came up looking very poorly. The leather, just about all of it, was badly faded and also cracked - very much a testimony to poor quality leather at times produced by Connolly Leather. The car in question here shows signs of incorrect upholstery - velour vs. leather, and that immediately diminishes the value of the car.
Still, a beautiful car, especially with that colossal wrap around backscreen. Another two Jensens that I adore - the CV8 and the quirkily styled 541R. Remarkable looking styling. Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Strange that we should be talking Jensen Interceptors. Recently, the son of the owner of the Gold 6.9 that I am keeping in my workshop, called in with a brand new dash for said 6.9. During a brief conversation he enquired which car the unit was for - "is it for the Jensen" ? "No" I told him, "it's for the 6.9" , but the talk went no further. I knew that his Dad had a 6.3 in superb condition in Melbourne, and that there was also a Porsche 928 lurking somewhere in the back undergoing some form of restoration, but I basically ignored the reference to the Jensen until........

It's only just the other day that I asked his father about "a Jensen" his son had referred to. "Yeah sure, I have the only four wheel drive Interceptor in Australia and it is in perfect condition". I believe it is located in Melbourne. He went on to relate that he had bought the car "from someone in the Dural area" (Sydney) and that the previous owner had purchased a new four wheel drive unit, when all it needed was a proper oil change with the recommended lubricant. So now this owner has a very expensive spare part on hand that wasn't even required. He then went on to tell me that he also owns "a beautiful, as good as new Interceptor in England" which he uses when in England attending to business matters". NICE !

It is also only just recently that he bought a fully restored 6.9 from a well known Melbourne identity and Mercedes Purveyor. I have reason that this is a car that may have been advertised for something like $165K. , but "I bought it at a good price". This man is obviously a serious collector with a serious back up of finances. That's my story for the day. Hope you guys go green with envy. I have got my normal colour back again. Regards Styria.

N.B. I'd actually have another story up my sleeve, but I am evaluating this at the moment.