four generations of Alfa Spider

More threads by c107

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Is there any off the first 3 generations left or have they oxidized.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I think I will pass old Alfa's just mean trouble. Not much enjoyment I like prewar Afla's and early 50's the rest return doesn't add up to pain.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
That's just it I do I owned a Sud Ti . Awesome car to drive when it worked. It was equal part Heaven and Hell.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
That's just it I do I owned a Sud Ti . Awesome car to drive when it worked. It was equal part Heaven and Hell.
That's what my 164 Lusso Super was like ....one part sublime touring and one part feral rat!
As for a Montreal; wonderful looking car but like a Citroën SM it may be best left as a decoration in the garage and driven only once a year ...

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yes lusting for a Montreal is something I must admit I do. But like the SM I would most likely end in tears or a nice white room with a comfortable fitting jacket.

Styria

The Godfather
There are always some cars that one lusts after from time to time and over a period of time. I haven't seen an Alfasud for years, but rust formed a predominance to their DNA. Besides, the boxy shape did not appeal to me, and the interior could be considered as tacky at best. Personally, I have always looked upon the Alfa 2600 as a true collectible, but I have only ever seen one - at Eastern Creek. It's a rare commodity.

Another favourite make, to my taste anyway,are the Lancias. Superb Engineering, even the right evocative names - just to try some. Flaminia with gearbox/diff transaxle arrangement, Fulvia with tiny 1.3/1.6 V4, Flavia HF 2000 and who could forget the Coupe of the sixties. I would love to start all over again, utilising my knowledge of cars accumulated over the years. Regards. Styria

N.B. Not to forget the Aurelia, plus others whose names I can't recall presently.