New rear leather electric rear seat finally sorted.

More threads by WGB

WGB

Following a saga which has previously been posted and a gap of 12 months since recovering the front seats my car now matches perfectly.

I also fixed another rattle as searching through the EPC I came upon the diagram for the Electric Rear seat and found mine was missing four plastic "sliding jaws" part no 115 780 00 83 - which are fortunately the same as used in the sunroof and easily available.

Anyway here is the picture and I am mighty pleased with the result - I hope this leather lasts another 30 years.

Newrearseatleather.jpg

I might add that this leather appears to be far better quality than the original and is vat dyed with the colour right through the leather - unlike most other leathers which are surface dyed, including all the original leather I have removed from my two M-B's.

At the time M-B leather was advertised as being vat dyed but I think someone was telling a few porkies.

Happy new year to all and thanks especially to Styria and Parks who were as worried as I was when GAHH posted the first (and apparently irretrievably lost) set of covers.

Bill

Lukas

Congrats / well done - looks quite nice. Is the second switch on the door the one that operates the seat? If so, is the same switch on both sides?

By the way - how do you get your own EPC?

G

GreaseMonkey

Hey, any talk of electric chairs reminds me of the movie 'The Green Mile'.
Spooky stuff.
C.M.

OP
WGB

WGB

Congrats / well done - looks quite nice. Is the second switch on the door the one that operates the seat? If so, is the same switch on both sides?

By the way - how do you get your own EPC?

Each door has two switches - the foreward one does the seat and the rear one does the window.

There is also a little orange one on each side on the lower part of the b-pillar which works the heated seats.

EPC and WIS are readily available on e-bay.

There are two flavours the earlier one with a blue background which does up to about 2005 and a newer one with different versions up to about August 2008.

The first one I purchased from the US had a faulty DVD and zero service from the supplier so I purchased the second one from the UK.
I will probably get the updated sets again as it will give me information about my two newer Benzes - not that I really need to know anything as they are both trouble free.

The WIS (Workshop Information System) has zero information about 116's but a lot of 126 info can be used as a good starting point and anyway the US 116 manual is available on-line and is also easily found on e-bay at times.

Bill

Lukas

Understood re EPC.

I can see the orange switch too. The whole seat moves as one item doesn't it? So what happens if one passenger moves the seat one way and the other passenger moves it the other way?

s class

Thanks for reminding us of that link Bill. I am still lusting after a retrofit into my blue car. The required bits are listed in the epc - I haven't enquired if they are available - and I suspect that if they are they will be eye-wateringly expensive. I will probably need to come across the bits from a parts car. That will be tough.