Delayed but welcome arrival of new rear seat leather

More threads by WGB

WGB

Several weeks after ordering my new rear seat leather it finally arrived today.

I started considering an order for my rear seat leather when the AUD was at 96 cents US and by the time I put the order in a couple of weeks later it had dropped to the low 80's.(It was below 62 cents today)

As you may remember 8 days later I received a copy of the GAHH Samples Catalogue.

Well it would appear that my parcel of leather must have been sitting in GAHH Dispatch next to a parcel for Germany for someone who wanted their catalogue - so you guessed it - I got the catalogue, and my leather went off to Germany.

Apparently because I received a package and my staff signed for it that was taken as me receiving the leather and it took some weeks to convince GAHH that I had received an unrequested catalogue and not the leather.

My leather apparently got to Greece and has never been seen since so GAHH have sent me a new replacement package of leather which took 6 days to arrive.

Anyway here it is in all it's glory and I shall take great delight in fitting it in the next month or so, so that my car will have an all new interior with the exception of the headliner which will be next years job.

Newrearseatcovers.jpg

I thank Styria for his work as agent for GAHH as without a local intermediary it could have been quite different when things turn turtle with international orders.

I also thank GAHH for honoring their order and I am sorry if they probably lost money on the deal but they can take it out of the pay of the (presumed) dilberry Dispatch Clerk.

Anyway - alls well that ends well and I can get back to enjoying my hobby and not sulking about.

Bill

s class

I'm glad the order worked out for you in the end - and look forward to seeing the finished results.

Styria

The Godfather
I guess that in a round about sort of a way, the whole transaction put a bit of a frown on everyone's face, including the people concerned at GAHH. It's funny, but once a particular mistake has occurred, it just seems to lead to further mistakes, misunderstandings and the inevitable delays that no one appreciates.

Just as an aside, it is just as well that we transmit the required funds immediately with the order. In other words, we do not have credit, nor invoice arrangements with the Company. Just imagine if there was a one to three months credit arrangements, and we would have to pay for the goods now at the depreciated rate of the Aussie Dollar ? Very nasty ! Examples of this are now occurring in the travel industry, with agents endeavouring to pass on the depreciated value. Regards Styria

N. B. Whilst it may not be totally appropriate, all is well that ends well - thankfully.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I also thank GAHH for honoring their order and I am sorry if they probably lost money on the deal but they can take it out of the pay of the (presumed) dilberry Dispatch Clerk.
Bill

Dear Brother Bill....

I'm sure you have heard of insurance...:p

They'd be covered.....;)

Styria

The Godfather
No Michel, without wishing to go into details, there are some arrangements in place. We always ask that US POSTAL be the preferred carrier on account of freight costs when compared with FedEx and UPS. Regards Styria