complete 6.9 rear end on ebay

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
This item has probably already been picked up by others - I think it is a notable find, and as well being advertised at a reasonable and realistic price - at $450.00, from end to end.

What annoys me is that some mean and tight whatever has the hide and audacity to whinge 'that he has only $200.00 to spare - and would you consider'. I don't know who'd make an offer like that, but I have little but condemnation for an insult of this magnitude. ...and I don't care who it is that's made the offer. That's the type of person that drags our 116s, of whatever description, into the gutter.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mercedes-Ben...ZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item45f2687418
Regards Styria

TJ 450

I think it's more than reasonably priced as it is. I mean, how much would it cost to rebuild one, or buy a new one for that matter? It is indeed an insult.

Tim

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
So whats with the coil spring and the lack of fitting for the height control on the sway bar.

Bill

Hi Bill, I suspect the coil spring is a 'laying about' item that's probabbly from something else and has never been put away. Hadn't noticed the missing bracket, but given the state of housekeeping, or lack thereof, as shown in the photo, one could be forgiven for not wanting to do business. If the seller is who I think it is, it is a pity, but we all have our own way of doing business. Regards Styria

SELfor50

This item has probably already been picked up by others - I think it is a notable find, and as well being advertised at a reasonable and realistic price - at $450.00, from end to end.

What annoys me is that some mean and tight whatever has the hide and audacity to whinge 'that he has only $200.00 to spare - and would you consider'. I don't know who'd make an offer like that, but I have little but condemnation for an insult of this magnitude. ...and I don't care who it is that's made the offer. That's the type of person that drags our 116s, of whatever description, into the gutter.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mercedes-Ben...ZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item45f2687418
Regards Styria

Sorry Styria, but for anything over $300 I need to get at least 50% of a car for that. :eek: ;)
Hahah.. JOKES MAN!! Diff's probably worth it for that money. They're solid diffs, and should be fine.
However, the fact that he's listed there's 6500 of them and they're extremely rare... any diff from a 500SEL or 560SEL is pretty much interchangeable etc etc... For those after a specific 6.9 LSD ok, it's rare. But at the end of the day, there's so many interchangeable diffs that it's not exactly as "rare" as some people may think. Also, the later model half shafts are actually stronger and preferable over a 6.9 pair of half shafts...
The half shafts that have the flanges that are inserted into the diff and then bolted onto the half shafts etc.

Cam. :)

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
And to think i was going to push all working parts diff hydro struts pump interior trans and everything else to sims:eek: yes that posting is RB Styria

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
WGB Pictorial Rear end rebuild Part 1 - Remove Complete Assembly Technical Information 17
6.9forever "Frame-off" complete 6.9 restoration Mercedes W116 18
Styria Complete List - Mercedes websitedetails Websites and Links 8
K Beige W126 Seats Complete Set Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 0
Michel V8 Mercedes Engine and Transmission complete Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 0
J 560 SEL Interior (complete) for sale Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 5
Michel Complete Engine And Transmission in Victoria Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 4
5 W126 Rear SLS Strut ball joints - availability? Mechanicals 5
OzBenzHead Rear parcel shelf Interiors 10
S A flighty Rear End Articles 9
Oversize AMG Rear Spoiler? Exteriors and Body Repairs 1
6.9forever Australian 6.9 low in rear but OK in front; also goes to High position at front Mechanicals 12
c107 S211 Rear Suspension Talking Torque 3
Styria Seized rear brake caliper Technical Information 21
Oversize W126 rear blind Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 1
motec 6.9 AMG rear spoiler Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 4
BenzBoy Styria's rear end? Mechanicals 3
J W126 rear seat swap Interiors 1
motec 6.9 Rear Diff mount bush Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 0
motec 6.9 brabus rear muffler W123/116/126 M110 Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 3
motec 6.9 W116 rear trunk filler Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 11
B FS: [Melb, Au] W107 rear rubber boot spoiler Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 3
Styria Rear Window Switch operation Interiors 1
Oversize Heated rear seat Mercedes W116 11
M Wanted: rear suspension blocks for 6.9 Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 15
Oversize W116 Rear spring saddles Mercedes W116 1
WGB Rear 6.9 upper strut mount replacement Technical Information 0
WGB Rear sway bar chassis bush replacement Technical Information 0
WGB Rear Screen removal and replacement Interiors 2
Styria Replacing rear handbrake shoes Technical Information 13
Styria 6.9 CLACK CLACK rear hub. Mechanicals 6
CraigS WTB: W116 rear seat Squab - Blue Leather Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 0
mrkozzy Rear windscreen glass removal - Any tips? Exteriors and Body Repairs 17
Styria 6.9 Front/Rear Struts Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 3
Styria Rear Axle drawing Technical Information 1
WGB Pictorial - Rear End Rebuild - Final Assembly Technical Information 0
WGB Pictorial - Rear end rebuild Part 9 - Fuel filter and hoses. Interiors 0
WGB Pictorial - Rear End Rebuild Part 8 - Handbrake de-mystified and re-built Technical Information 2
WGB Pictorial - Rear End Rebuild Part 7 - Diagonal arm bush replacement Technical Information 1
WGB Pictorial - Rear End Rebuild Part 6 - Torqueing rear hub Technical Information 0
WGB Advice re Torquing rear hub nut Technical Information 5
WGB Pictorial - Rear End Rebuild Part 5 - Rear hub strip down and rebuild Technical Information 1
WGB Pictorial - Rear End Rebuild Part 4 - Rusted rear discs Technical Information 4
WGB Pictorial - Rear end rebuild Part 3 - Pinion seal replacement. Technical Information 0
WGB Pictorial - Rear end rebuild Part 2 - converting diff to 126 flanged style. Technical Information 1
Styria Leaking Rear Struts Technical Information 34
K 6.9 Rear Bumper - Bottom One Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 0
K 6.9 Entire Velour Seats For Sale Front 2 & Rear Gumtree/eBay/Facebook Listings 0
Styria New rear parcel shelf Interiors 3
WGB 6.9 Rear end rebuild - Pictorial Mechanicals 4