560 SEL Interior (complete) for sale

More threads by JoeB

J

JoeB

Schultz, our 86 560SEL, having given up the ghost, will gladly donate his interior to the cause of keeping another battleship the right side up.

The interior is Black Leather, with Charcoal carpet, Burl Walnut and 4 FACTORY mats and factory option footrests for the rear. The seats are dual electric with memory (both sides) for the front and reclining rear seat.

the Pattern is the series 1 perforated leather insert with full grain surround, not the plain series 2 horizontal padding.

Anyone who has seen the car, knows the calibre of the interior. it is in extremely good condition for the vehicles age, and has received much care from both myself and the previous owner. Even the sill covers are in remarkably good condition.

The carpet is unmarked, having the factory mats covering it most all of its' life.

Door trims are original. These have the perforated inserts, a-la series 1, not the interior update from 88, as I mentioned before.

The Dash is no cracks and perfect. the walnut is perfect also on the console & ashtray.
There is the tiniest of cracks in the lacquer on the shifter console piece, just behind the right rear window rocker switch. It is not bad, but it is a tiny bit more noticeable than 'barely'. The walnut is not faded anywhere in the car, including the door trims.

Now, Price.

I'm asking $1750 for the complete interior.

I will not separate pieces. The reason is simple. The trim is all the same age, and matches perfectly. There is nothing worse than mis-matching leather, and those who have seen examples like that know exactly what I mean. trust me.

The interior is to be sold complete, That means You get dash, console, doorcards, carpet, seats, hoodlining, parcel-shelf, and all sill and pillar trims will all be carefully removed.
For the money it's an absolute bargain. If you go and price any of this, you will know just how good the value is. I'm only wanting to see Schultz donate his organs to a worthy cause, and any w126 SEL owner will completely transform their interior with this factory Black Leather and Charcoal trim.

You can either pick them up, or get a courier service / shipping company to collect them.

NB: It would be wise to pick up, as I know that shipping a 'less complete' interior has previously cost upwards of $500 interstate, due to the ripoff policies in place by courier franchises.

I will endeavour to help out with packaging to protect the trim as much as possible, if you need to courier items. I cannot however provide a complete costing of a courier, nor guarantee that your choice of courier will not damage anything. So what I suggest is that you work on cubic volume, rather than weight - as the rear seat and front seats, though not heavy are quite voluminous by themselves. At an estimate, the space occupied by a complete interior would be in the vicinity of two standard pallets, side by side.

At the moment I haven't got any pictures of the car's interior inside the garage. the light is pretty poor - however, you can jump onto OZBENZ.net and check out Schultz in the w126 section under the 'show us your ride' thread: Interior post which is how the car came, before I cleaned & treated the leather with auto-glym. (I recommend anyone with a leather interior apply a leather care product such as this once a month to maintain the supple feel and lustre)

Regards,
Joe B

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
How sad to see Schultz torn apart and sold for bits.....:(

OP
J

JoeB

I know, it is depressing. I thought long and hard about it too, believe me.

I've come to the conclusion however, that it is better for Schultz to have a life through legacy than to simply send to the crusher. The benefit for another lucky w126, is that someone out there gets an immaculate condition interior for less than 10% of the price of a new one.

SELfor50

Joe, my friend... Sorry to hear the fate of Schultz. :(

But....I know of a really good cause for that 5.6L engine. ;)

s class

I know how painful it must be. I actually cried when I drove my W140 LWB in to be parted out.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi JoeB, that price is certainly more than reasonable. I wish I had use for all these items - surely, someone with a Hong Kong 500 and worn out interior could really transform a car like that. Good luck with the sale.

Maybe some details have already been posted and I have missed them - are you replacing the 560SEL with another car ? I believe you have been to see Parks as well during my trip and I am sorry I missed you. Regards Styria