79 benz 450 sel v8

More threads by 300SDude

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Have you bought it yet?

OP
300SDude

300SDude

I emailed them to see if they had any pictures of it. It is located about 2 hrs. from my house, so it's not like I can just pop over to look at it.

If anything, I should get it as a parts car, even though I'll never use the V8 in it.

300SDude

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well it seems a salvageable car.

You might be able to make a dollar or two out of it (if it only needs tidying up)

Styria

The Godfather
It would be difficult in your case to decide whether or not to proceed with an intending purchase for two reasons. As a parts car, it is only the body and interior that would be of use to you, yet you already have a refurbished interior, and not knowing what the interior of the advertised would be like, you could well be doubling up. Mechanically, only the brakes/suspension would be of use to you.

If, on the other hand, you may wish to sell the car as it is, it would be difficult to get much more than what it is advertised for, especially considering that it hasn't been run for a number of years. You could well open a can of worms. Just my opinion for what it is worth. Regards Styria

OP
300SDude

300SDude

Well, the person hasn't emailed me back at all yet, so who knows.

But, it would strictly be a parts car for me. There are certain things that I want/need that are on the outside of the car. The price of the whole thing is better than what I can purchase individual parts for!

~Would like a new grille shell.
~I need both "doors" (headlight surrounds for US models) for mine are both broken and taped together.
~I need to replace the rubber in the over rider bumper on the left side. (If the one on the other car is in good shape, I would just swap them out).
~Both tailight lenses could used to be replaced, but it's not critical. I could use a new back piece to the right side though. The turn signal socket is broket and taped together.
~If the center console wood is in better condition than mine, I'd swap them out. The letters are all wore-off the Hazard button, so if this one had a niceer one, I'd replace it too.
~The hood replease handle would be nice to actually HAVE instead of the pair of vise grips hooked to the cable that came with the car.
~Would like to get rid of the 2nd set of vise grips that is used to move the seats since some of the handles are broken.
~Would like to get rid of the 3rd set of vise grips that is holding the front turn signal light on, since apparently someone had lost the bolt to it.
~Wouldn't hurt to have another set of wheels that I could put studs on in case I ever did need to drive it in the winter.
~The drivers window button sticks in the "up" position if you aren't paying attention, so I am sure I will have to replace something to do with the window motor or the switch eventually.

So, for $500 it would be worth it to me to buy it just in the savings of buying stuff seperatly.

We'll see how it goes.....I would have to convince my ladies that it would be a good deal to get it, but I just got rid of a bunch of vehicles on the property, lol.

300SDude

Styria

The Godfather
Hey Dude, on the basis of your comprehensive list, I do think that the car would be a bargain and, yes, you need it badly. Incidentally, those plastic handles can be bought 'after-market' from Mercedessource I believe. They are located in the States. Regards Styria

OP
300SDude

300SDude

Hey Dude, on the basis of your comprehensive list, I do think that the car would be a bargain and, yes, you need it badly. Incidentally, those plastic handles can be bought 'after-market' from Mercedessource I believe. They are located in the States. Regards Styria

Yeah, there was someone on the w116.org site that had bought some and replaced them. From what I remember, it was not an easy process.

Not that I move the seat all that often, but it looks like crap more than anything.

300SDude

OP
300SDude

300SDude

Grrrrrrrrrr.......I hate people that post ads in CL and then don't bother to respond to the emails they recieve. Still no word from this foolio.

300SDude

WiSeGuYY

HEY COWBOY DUDE , nice looking hat , i love it LOL , either skype the guy or try to contact him by phone, in my personal openion the photo is a must when we speak of bargain deals , though i know one item of the car would cost over this 500 usd .

if the guy didn't answer you ,it might be due to many reasons
1- the price is so low it doesn't worth following
2- the car might be sold already and the guy have no maners to apolgies by answer back
3- the worse - bogus ad

SORRY for thinking about the empty half of the glass.

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
300SDude

300SDude

HEY COWBOY DUDE , nice looking hat , i love it LOL , either skype the guy or try to contact him by phone, in my personal openion the photo is a must when we speak of bargain deals , though i know one item of the car would cost over this 500 usd .

if the guy didn't answer you ,it might be due to many reasons
1- the price is so low it doesn't worth following
2- the car might be sold already and the guy have no maners to apolgies by answer back
3- the worse - bogus ad

SORRY for thinking about the empty half of the glass.

REGARDS

TAREK

It is neither here, nor there with me. If it was closer, I would go look at it, but as it is, I only get into Spokane about once a month (about 2 hrs away).

I would only really use it as a parts car, especially since he doesn't have the title on hand. (I already have one vehicle that I don't have the title to that I have been trying to get for the last year).

There are a lot of flakes in Spokane that don't answer their emails. (There is a button they can use that will take the email link off so people can only call on the ad). He must not want to sell it that bad.

My luck anyway, the car would either be red or brown, which are the two colors I would absolutely hate. Most of the stuff I want off of it is cosmetic stuff anyway.

I just looked and Tte ad is no longer there, so maybe he did sell it.

300SDude

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
My luck anyway, the car would either be red or brown, which are the two colors I would absolutely hate. Most of the stuff I want off of it is cosmetic stuff anyway.
300SDude

Brown, I can understand, but RED....
That is the ultimate colour...
That of the Red Terror in Sydney
and the Piglet in Egypt
not to mention the real Rot Swine in Germany... :eek:

OP
300SDude

300SDude

<<<DOES NOT LIKE RED ANYTHING.

Brown is my second choice of colors that I don't like.

If I had it my way...I would love the PARCHMENT interior!

w116-80.jpg

w116-89.jpg

300SDude

Last edited: