260E Mercedes for sale

More threads by 260ebenz

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Tim I think the car is worth the $6500 you were asking, I am just giving you my opinion of what ppl would pay if you really wanted to sell it. Its the same with my SLC, I know what it owes me and what I think its worth, but if I had to sell it I know I would have to accept alot less.

Thank you Hoddo I appreciate what you have said in agreeing with the value of my car thanks mate.

In honour of my Dad Mel I named the 260E after him "Melvin" and the poor bloke did not get the chance to either drive the car or be taken for a drive in the Mercedes as Dad sadly passed away from Cancer 3 years ago.

Cancer one to avoid guys that is for sure have to look after yourselves in Life!

So the I have a connection with the car us car people are like that I guess?!

Want to get the wheels & bumper repainted both need to be done and would be a great attribute to the cars looks and appeal don't get me wrong there already is plenty of both and that is not a biased opinion either.

Reason why the 260E was a Concours Runner Up winner last year with hard work and effort I was very proud to receive the Award.

This year I aim to do better at the Concours.

In the mean time whilst the car is for sale I can simply enjoy driving the car too easy!

Cheers.

Tony66_au

Just keep it Tim, enjoy it with a for sale sticker on teh rear glass and see what happens.

IMHO?

$24'000.00 for a 300SE W126 is drug money........

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Just keep it Tim, enjoy it with a for sale sticker on teh rear glass and see what happens.

IMHO?

$24'000.00 for a 300SE W126 is drug money........

Thanks Tony make up for sale sign for sure.

$24K is top dollar for that 300SE like I said not sure if the car has a sunroof?

I have met the guy selling the 300SE he is a very nice bloke and do not doubt the 300SE is a genuine car.

300SE has been for sale for close to 6 months.

Tony66_au

Value of A Car is down to a few basics.

Market value, which is the price commonly achieved for a particular model in the market place.

There are usually 3 levels of Market Value, Wholesale, Private sale and Dealer.

These prices are determined by the buying public and although a car may or may not have history or be roadworthy honestly adds very little to the sale price of the car.

People are also naturally suspicious of cars for sale with claims that the car needs nothing or thousands spent because 8 out of 10 will be utter bulltish.

So when people actually DO the right thing and make sure the car is tip top they suffer disbelief because of the actions or the many who just lie about the cars.

So it honestly sounds like you are about to over capitalise on your car by getting the cosmetic work done and if this pushes your car over the market value you will find it difficult to recoup extra moneys spent.

That said if you take your time and present the car well with good documentation and solid provenance you may well find someone who wants a turnkey car and is happy to pay through the nose for it.

Just consider this though, I recently bid on and won (For a friend) a C220 sedan and won the car for a touch over $2200.00.

And I was looking at 3 other similar cars (Mid to late 90's and early Noughties) C class cars for around the same money with $3600.00 being the highest money.

The car I bought had been listed on and off since Christmas, had a good service history and was picked up interstate and driven home with no issue.

Stick to your guns, advertise it sensibly and then wait..........

Meanwhile enjoy the hell out of it!

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Value of A Car is down to a few basics.

Market value, which is the price commonly achieved for a particular model in the market place.

There are usually 3 levels of Market Value, Wholesale, Private sale and Dealer.

These prices are determined by the buying public and although a car may or may not have history or be roadworthy honestly adds very little to the sale price of the car.

People are also naturally suspicious of cars for sale with claims that the car needs nothing or thousands spent because 8 out of 10 will be utter bulltish.

So when people actually DO the right thing and make sure the car is tip top they suffer disbelief because of the actions or the many who just lie about the cars.

So it honestly sounds like you are about to over capitalise on your car by getting the cosmetic work done and if this pushes your car over the market value you will find it difficult to recoup extra moneys spent.

That said if you take your time and present the car well with good documentation and solid provenance you may well find someone who wants a turnkey car and is happy to pay through the nose for it.

Just consider this though, I recently bid on and won (For a friend) a C220 sedan and won the car for a touch over $2200.00.

And I was looking at 3 other similar cars (Mid to late 90's and early Noughties) C class cars for around the same money with $3600.00 being the highest money.

The car I bought had been listed on and off since Christmas, had a good service history and was picked up interstate and driven home with no issue.

Stick to your guns, advertise it sensibly and then wait..........

Meanwhile enjoy the hell out of it!

Prices for some of the Mercedes you mentioned a surprise such low prices I hope the cars turn out to be okay??

Stick to my guns Tony and I will enjoy the car!

Thanks mate.

WiSeGuYY

HI TIMMY , i join forces and voices who ask to just do the right thing , meaning do what needed to pass the roadworthy issues , at least to be able to enjoy the car , TONYwas RIGHT , there is many cars go very cheap this days as BRIAN and HODDO said in previous post.
i was 2 days on a site ( ENGLND ) classic cars for sale in EUROPE i was shocked , JAGUARS for less than 2000 GBP 4 litre engines ( i would fly and grap a couple if not RHD) . LOL

With Do RESPECT to LATE FATHER this issue is not in question, if you would like to sell the car ,then you will decrease the price for quick sale , or the other option -make it pass the tests and keep it in great shape , specially if you can use the YARIS most of the time, BTW cars of this age the E &S are closer in price , so if you lose in the 260 E you might get an W126 for almost same price or allow few dollers for piece of mind.

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
HI TIMMY , i join forces and voices who ask to just do the right thing , meaning do what needed to pass the roadworthy issues , at least to be able to enjoy the car , TONYwas RIGHT , there is many cars go very cheap this days as BRIAN and HODDO said in previous post.
i was 2 days on a site ( ENGLND ) classic cars for sale in EUROPE i was shocked , JAGUARS for less than 2000 GBP 4 litre engines ( i would fly and grap a couple if not RHD) . LOL

With Do RESPECT to LATE FATHER this issue is not in question, if you would like to sell the car ,then you will decrease the price for quick sale , or the other option -make it pass the tests and keep it in great shape , specially if you can use the YARIS most of the time, BTW cars of this age the E &S are closer in price , so if you lose in the 260 E you might get an W126 for almost same price or allow few dollers for piece of mind.

REGARDS

TAREK

Fair and very valid point thanks Tarek.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Bloke rang me this afternoon he lives in the Bay he has two Mercedes himself and he is a Member of the Mercedes Club NSW.

I am going to see him on Monday at 3pm to show him the 260E.

He saw the 260E advertised for sale in the MBCNSW Club magazine.

Keep you guys posted!

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Bloke rang me this afternoon he lives in the Bay he has two Mercedes himself and he is a Member of the Mercedes Club NSW.

I am going to see him on Monday at 3pm to show him the 260E.

Keep you guys posted!

Good luck Tim...

Make sure it's clean and tidy!

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Good luck Tim...

Make sure it's clean and tidy!

Hello Michel and thanks for the good luck wishes.

Don't worry the 260E will be clean and tidy it always is!

Clean & tidy the 260E tomorrow rain forecasted for Monday oh no!
:rolleyes:

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Thanks for the tip Tony.

I washed the Mercedes this morning ideal weather for it strong winds here at home!

Coat of wax on the 260E today Meguairs Ultimate wax paint surface very smoooooth!

Cheers.

abl567

Super Moderator
Congratulations Tim, now to find the 126, or a 140 if the right 126 eludes you.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Congratulations Tim the right buyer came along at last now to find your dream car

Styria

The Godfather
I think we can now put this thread to rest. Well done Tim, if you get another car, and if you would like to let us know about it, feel free start a new thread. BTW, are you being coy about the sale price ? I'd be interested how you fared in the end money wise. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well Done Tim...

All it it takes is ONE person.

The RIGHT person and the car gets a new buyer!

CONGRATULATIONS ;)