260E Mercedes for sale

More threads by 260ebenz

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Likewise, sharply focussed and well-lit photos on Carsales are worth a million dollars - photos of a sparkling engine bay, driver's seat, wheels and tyres can sell a car very easily.
Photos MUST be in focus and well-lit or they are a total waste of time.
If I were you Tim I'd get serious about selling and put it onto Carsales with irresistible photos - or pull it off sale and simply enjoy. A 300SE or 300SEL will not give you any more driving enjoyment than what you already have.
Regards,
Brian

Tony66_au

Sorry guys I neglected to mention Advertise it in Carsales as they supply 'For sale' stickers to match your advert.

Likewise, sharply focussed and well-lit photos on Carsales are worth a million dollars - photos of a sparkling engine bay, driver's seat, wheels and tyres can sell a car very easily.
Photos MUST be in focus and well-lit or they are a total waste of time.
If I were you Tim I'd get serious about selling and put it onto Carsales with irresistible photos - or pull it off sale and simply enjoy. A 300SE or 300SEL will not give you any more driving enjoyment than what you already have.
Regards,
Brian

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Thanks for the tips guys!

Spent a couple of good hours cleaning the Mercedes for tomorrow's Steamfest keeps you busy this car cleaning caper!

Cheers.

Oversize

Grand Master
Tim I agree with Tony and Brian on this. You simply don't have enough exposure with your advertising campaign as it stands.

I will also say that there's not many buyers out there at the moment and there's plenty of evidence that we're headed for recession. There's very little selling on places like Ebay, there's lots of job losses with little manufacturing. Wages are far too high and companies are having unrealistic expectations regarding increasing profits and making outrageous promises. And it's probably the worst time to be introducing a trail-blazing carbon tax. :eek:

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
MBCNSW Members next issue of the Club magazine the 260E will be featured again for sale.

Thanks to Paul Fail for readvertising the car again for me.

Have not been well overnight a bad case of having to go to the bathroom alot enough said I won't be going to the Steamfest today sorry guys.
:(

Mate of mine is driving his 300D Mercedes he is going to the Steamfest I think I hope he remembered his camera to take photos of the cars on display.

I will find out if Bob took his camera and might be able to post photos.

Cheers guys.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
See what you think of this 1987 300SE for sale?

1987 300SE W126 S Class

This stunning one owner 300SE has covered only 26,0000 kms since new. Silver with Blue MB tex interior. It still has the "New Car Smell", Must be seen to be appreciated.

$24,000.00 ONO

If I sell the Yaris plus the 260E I might just be able to afford the 300SE, sell the Yaris yeah right the owner just said! LOL.

Not sure if the 300SE has a sunroof?

http://www.autohaus1.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=56

Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
Tim there's probably not much point looking if you don't have the money! I'd suggest waiting until your 260 sells. Otherwise you're just torturing yourself!! :(

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Thank you Mark best advice I heard for a long time most appreciated mate!

Here endeth the torture as you put it Mark.

Cheers.

Oversize

Grand Master
Tim I certainly do appreciate all your links to new finds and interesting vehicles. I made the above suggestion with your best interests in mind. Speaking from experience, you don't need the broken heart when you find what you want but you can't have it...... :(

Styria

The Godfather
Timmy, I really don't know why you want to sell. You keep on spending money on the car, and you have already increased your price by $1000.00. I don't think that will work - you're really going backwards. I don't wish to discourage you, but you need to be patient. Regards Styria

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Timmy, I really don't know why you want to sell. You keep on spending money on the car, and you have already increased your price by $1000.00. I don't think that will work - you're really going backwards. I don't wish to discourage you, but you need to be patient. Regards Styria

Hi Styria I have explained why I want to sell the 260E.

Had to replace the ball joints it was a RWC issue otherwise I could not drive the car it did not pass it's Roadworthy Inspection, new ball joints second Inspection carried out car passed with flying colours.

Just had the car serviced last week it was due for a service and I renewed the rego for 6 months.

Price was $6500 negotiable to start with three months ago.

Price is now $7000 so that is a $500 increase not a $1000 price increase.

Wheels and bumper to be repainted in a few weeks that is the reason for the $500 price increase.

Even though the cost to paint the wheels and bumper is going to cost more than $500.

Surely Styria the price is more than fair and I am negotiable on the price but I certainly won't give the car away that would be just stupid.

Agree I have to be patient I am sure a buyer will come along looking to buy a good example Mercedes.

Many thanks.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
In the last 4 days the number of Alfa Romeos (only as an example) for sale on Carsales has gone from 530 to about 840, after having remained stable at the 500-530 mark for months. It's a sign of the time.
Battern down the hatches boys and girls - only exceptional value cars and true collector specimens will sell over the next 18 months. We are in for a hard ride with the economy and I am starting to wish I had invested in an Icesaver account several years back - in fact I may look at New Landsbanki for future security and growth. No; the sky is not about to fall, but, neither are cars going to sell for anywhere near their price of just a few months back.
Now is a good time to buy but not a good time to try to sell. Good luck Tim - I predict you will be keeping your 260E. With the projected paintwork it could be a Concours winner if you put your mind to it.
Prophet of doom? Maybe - but I fear I may be right when I would much prefer to be wrong.
Regards,
Brian

WiSeGuYY

Hi TIM , i am as an outsider of your market i want to give an openion , not trying to go vs the flow but out of experience the w126 is really one car with no mistake 9( trust me i drove it the last 22 years never fail and still a dream) while the country full of w124 which is also a nice car but comparison is not fair for the w126, simply can't compare .

if selling the car is a must in your case then try to speak to a dealer for trade in and then you can just pay the difference and change to the 126 ( still prefer the short wheel base over the long one -for driving experience- the car is balanced and easier to handle, if not try to hire a driver then you might enjoy the leg room.
Old cars lose plenty in price but so the oine you intend to buy ( you are not exactly want to buy the year's model instead) so don't let this stop you nor makes you sad.
ONLY don't hope that you get more than market value , cars do dipreciate.
i'm sure all here mean well , in mean while fix the 260 and don't put yourself in the corner nor neglect to devaluate.

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Hi TIM , i am as an outsider of your market i want to give an openion , not trying to go vs the flow but out of experience the w126 is really one car with no mistake 9( trust me i drove it the last 22 years never fail and still a dream) while the country full of w124 which is also a nice car but comparison is not fair for the w126, simply can't compare .

if selling the car is a must in your case then try to speak to a dealer for trade in and then you can just pay the difference and change to the 126 ( still prefer the short wheel base over the long one -for driving experience- the car is balanced and easier to handle, if not try to hire a driver then you might enjoy the leg room.
Old cars lose plenty in price but so the oine you intend to buy ( you are not exactly want to buy the year's model instead) so don't let this stop you nor makes you sad.
ONLY don't hope that you get more than market value , cars do dipreciate.
i'm sure all here mean well , in mean while fix the 260 and don't put yourself in the corner nor neglect to devaluate.

REGARDS

TAREK

Hello Tarek appreciate your opinion and others opinion expressed as well.

Many thanks guys.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Just 3 weeks until the wheels & bumper are repainted I will post photos of the end results.

Once the wheels & bumper repainting work is done hopefully that may generate potential buyers or at least potential buyers who are genuinely interested in the 260E taking the car for a test drive bring there cash and making an offer.

What do you think guys?

Cheers.

hoddo

Connoisseur
Tim If you are really serious about selling the car then I think you are wasteing your money painting the wheels and bumper. It will make the car look even better but if no one is looking at $6500 neg which means $6000 then you got buckleys of attracting a buyer at $7000. The car looks great in the photo's cant really notice a problem with the wheels and bumper. I am keeping an eye out for another car incase the 230 dosent go thru rego and from what I see around I would snap your car up for 5k be a bit interested at 5.5k at 6K thats what its worth but as Brian has said things are tight at the moment and whos gonna buy if it isnt a bargain? Just my honest opinion, for what its worth mate.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
$6000 for the 260E I am happy with are you making an offer of $6000?

If you are making an offer of $6000 for the 260E I won't bother painting the wheels & bumper in that case.

Come and have a look at the 260E take the car for a test drive and we can go from there?

Contact me.

Cheers Tim.

Last edited:

hoddo

Connoisseur
No Tim I am not making an offer.. just saying at $5000 I think you would get offers. At $5500 you might still get offers. At $6000..well your there now and you havent got any offers...

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
$5000 or $5500 sorry won't accept that for a private sale.

Paid $4650 cash private sale 4 years ago for the 260E and honestly the car owes me more than $5000 to $5500.

Sorry Hoddo if you think the 260E is worth $5000 to $5500 I am quite taken back by that my friend.

God if my Father Mel knew if I were to sell the 260E for that sort of money $5000 to $5500 the poor bloke may he Rest In Peace would be rolling in his grave and I won't allow that to happen.

260E is still on the market in that case I will find a buyer for the car even if it takes time sticking to my guns as Dad would want me to and he certainly would not want me to give the car away.

I have to much respect for my car and for my Father.

hoddo

Connoisseur
Tim I think the car is worth the $6500 you were asking, I am just giving you my opinion of what ppl would pay if you really wanted to sell it. Its the same with my SLC, I know what it owes me and what I think its worth, but if I had to sell it I know I would have to accept alot less.