260E Mercedes for sale

More threads by 260ebenz

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Good advice Mark thanks for that.

Won't be buying until the 260 is sold old saying 'can't buy one without selling the other first'.

In saying it does not hurt to look what is for sale and what 300SE or SEL W126's are selling for and seperating the good one's from the bad one's.

Nice looking 300SE for sale in Melbourne $15K top dollar for a W126 but it must be a good car.

Wait and sell the 260 first rego tomorrow morning first job on the list to be done tomorrow.

Cheers guys.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
What do you guys think of this 1991 Barolo red 300SE W126?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/d...3?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=2&eapi=2&__N=1247 1252 1090 4294964496 1216&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,Max~1&sort=default

118,263kms $14,990.

Almost half the price of the white 1990 300SE I told you guys about last week.

The red car is nearly twice the price of the white car.
You did not want to spend the money to buy the white car. Why now would you spend twice that amount for a red car?
Regards,
Brian

Styria

The Godfather
Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. Timmy, please explain ! Anyway, no one has asked you this question before, nor have you ventured an opinion - with your 260 in such splendid condition, what is driving you to get rid of the car ? I am completely perplexed.....ahmmm....confused. Regards Styria

N.B. BTW, you can't say that you're not getting good exposure on TK - we're on the seventh page now. Long live the 260 in Timmy's hands.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
The red car is nearly twice the price of the white car.
You did not want to spend the money to buy the white car. Why now would you spend twice that amount for a red car?
Regards,
Brian

To answer Brian and Styria's questions.

Just looking at the red 300SE just out of shear interest I was looking on the Carsales site and noticed the red 300SE for sale and the white 300SE is still for sale as well.

Both 300SE's have almost done the same amount of kilometres and both seem to be in the same condition one is priced at $15K and the other $8500K.

I am sure I mentioned before why I wanted to sell the 260E do not want to sound like I am repeating myself.

Would like to sell the 260E to purchase a 300SE or SEL W126 Mercedes but of course I have to sell the 260E first.

260E was driving wonderful this morning rego & insurance renewed for 6 months even the Woman at the NRMA commented how nice the Mercedes looked.

Therefore the 260E is going terrific and no faults with the car that I am aware of and my Mechanic has also stated this so the 260E is more than ready to be sold.

I can feel the new ball joints have made a massive improvement in the ride and handling of the car.

I hope I have answered your questions Brian and Styria?

Cheers guys,
Tim.

Last edited:
OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Will post new photos of the 260E tomorrow or Friday.

Friend of mine is doing a photography course and she has offered to take photos of the Mercedes for me.

Cheers.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
I have to concur with the Professor here!

If you don't like the colour, then don't bother...
Like Brian said YOU have to look at it and live with it.

I'm with the Professor. I love white cars.

Good Luck Tim

Hi Michel,

300SE has been sold so I have been told did you buy it Michel you said you 'loved white cars'? if you did the 300SE was a very nice looking car.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Morning guys,

I can not work out why I have not had anyone contact me in regards to the 260E for sale since Feburary?

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Tim dont take it to heart it just means people are holding on to there money at present as it is hard to get a personal loan for a vehicle this old. And it will be bought by some one wanting a week end toy :D

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Hi Tim dont take it to heart it just means people are holding on to there money at present as it is hard to get a personal loan for a vehicle this old. And it will be bought by some one wanting a week end toy :D

That's cool Motec.

Will have a for sale sign displayed in the car at the Euro Motorfest when the wheels & bumper have been repainted.

Having the wheels & bumper painted will be a great selling point surely?

Cheers.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Looks ok Tim millage is not to bad for age best of luck :D

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Have sent the car dealer an email I sent them my phone number.

Will give them a call tomorrow.

300SE advertisement does not mention how many months rego the car has or if the 300SE has service history two questions I asked the car dealer in my email.

See what happens.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Morning guys,

I can not work out why I have not had anyone contact me in regards to the 260E for sale since Feburary?

Where have you advertised it Tim? You probably won't find a buyer on this forum - possibly you need to use Carsales or Drive - maybe even drop it into Shannons' Park and Sell. Trading Post? Ebay? Ozbenz? Ozbenz has a fairly wide following so that might be useful.
Do people know it's for sale? That's the big question.
Unfortunately, it's a buyer's market at the moment and although your car is probably worth what you are asking, the second hand market for everyday cars like yours is pretty dead.
Maybe just hang on to it and enjoy it as much as possible.
Regards,
Brian

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Where have you advertised it Tim? You probably won't find a buyer on this forum - possibly you need to use Carsales or Drive - maybe even drop it into Shannons' Park and Sell. Trading Post? Ebay? Ozbenz? Ozbenz has a fairly wide following so that might be useful.
Do people know it's for sale? That's the big question.
Unfortunately, it's a buyer's market at the moment and although your car is probably worth what you are asking, the second hand market for everyday cars like yours is pretty dead.
Maybe just hang on to it and enjoy it as much as possible.
Regards,
Brian

260E is advertised via a Newcastle & Hunter based site named Stickybeek site address is: www.stickybeek.com.au does not cost to advertise on the site.

Contacted Shannons they were not interested which I find very strange they are an auction house I can not work that one out??
:confused:

Yes Brian people do know the car is for sale the car was featured in the MBCNSW magazine.

I spoke to Paul Fail from the MBCNSW today he is going to readvertise the car for in the next issue of the Club magazine, thank you Paul and to the Editorial Team most appreciated guys!

Once the wheels and bumper are repainted at the end of May early June I may have a potential buyer.

A friend of mine has told me a local Businessmen she knows wants to buy a Mercedes for his Daughter which sounds promising.

Wait and see what happens.

Anyhow myself and a couple of friends are off to Maitland on Sunday going to the Steamfest and the weather looks good for Sunday which is a bonus!
:D

Cheers Tim.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Carsales Tim?
Regards,
Brian

Good morning Brian yes I have used Carsales before to advertise my old blue 230E.

It is about $60 to advertise on Carsales but if I were to use that site my car would also feature on the Drive & Carpoint site as well I believe so the $60 would be good value.

Car shows are a good venue to sell a car plenty of people a good way to sell a car and hopefully a potential buyer who is cashed up to buy?

Cheers.

Tony66_au

They will also (From memory) give you car for sale stickers.

Why im hot on actual advertising ON the car is because human nature being what it is will always triumph over common sense and a car with a "for sale" and a number gets attention in the same way classified ad's with pics do but better.

Ive sold a few cars fairly quickly that way with minimal price reduction which I take care of by inflating the price anyway, and in Vic selling a car with a roadworthy not only adds value but makes the whole thing a straight forward and painless transaction.

So here's the scenario.............

Guy driving: "Ohhh look! Something shiny"
Guys brain : Ohhh look! Something shiny.... I wantitIwantitIwantitIwantit Man check out those wheels! they look GREAT! How can I afford this car IwantitIwantitIwantit I can almost reach out and touch it, I MUST HAVE A NEW TOY!!!!

So he goes home, does a mortgage redraw and calls the number hoping its not sold yet after all it is shiny and many will want it.... HE MUST BE THE ONE to possess this new shiny trinket, his new 'Precious' .