Silicone spray seat belts

More threads by 260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
If I were to use silicone spray on the front left & right hand seat belts would that help to improve the seat belt retention?

Cheers.

Ricord

Silicone Spray Seat Belts

This is supposed to happen – quote - Extend the belt and spray it with silicone spray and let it retract - that lubricates inside the inertia reel but silicone won't soil your clothes…

Now that is one comment I found, but I have never used silicone spray so cannot verify…

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Ricord thank you for your opinion.

I will purchase a can of silicone spray and try out the spray on the front seats in the 300SE and report back.

Cheers.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Keep us informed TIM.

I have a slack seat belt on one of my Benzes and I don't feel like taking it apart...

That might solve the problem.;)

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Test the spray before Sunday's Show & Shine.

Talking of taking things apart I was at my MB Mechanics yesterday he was repairing a sunroof on a E320 W210 too me look to be a nightmare of wires!

E320 has a glass sunroof as well I have no doubt Mechanic will repair the sunroof the car is in good hands.

Talking to a girl who bought her second Finnie Mercedes we had a good chat about Mercedes as you do! :D

220S Finnie was purchased from Gordon Mackinlay Cars in Rutherglen.

My Folks bought cars from Gordon years ago and Rutherglen is a nice Country town.

Oversize

Grand Master
Personally I wouldn't be coating my seatbelt with any type of spray.... I draw the line at woolwash or vinegar. If they don't retract, the belt could be twisted behind the trims...

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Good old Gordon, if I remember right, he always said a bit of silicon does wonders for sticky seatbelts

Hi Hoddo how do you know Gordon?

Oversize if my seat belts are twisted behind the trim how do I remove the trim to access the belts to untwist them?

Cheers.

Helmet

Connoisseur
Hi Hoddo how do you know Gordon?

Oversize if my seat belts are twisted behind the trim how do I remove the trim to access the belts to untwist them?

Cheers.

Remove the 2 Philips head screws in the lower pillar trim , then slide the main trim down, grab a torch and have a look if the seat belt is twisted. If it is, pull it out all the way, then let it retract slowly making sure you stop it from twisting with your other hand. Refit the trim and the job is done.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Glad to report both front seat belts are now retracting as they should.

Washed & vacuumed and detailed the 300SE today for Sunday's Show & Shine.

Would you believe the l/h & r/h seat belt retractable lever was in the incorrect position re-adjusted the lever back to the top and hey presto both seat belts retract perfectly!

HAPPY DAYS!
:D

28 degrees for Newcastle on Sunday.

Cheers.

Oversize

Grand Master
What lever???

Styria

The Godfather
Yes, I am also thinking 'what levers' - are you talking about buckles ? Regards Styria

abl567

Super Moderator
My guess is Tim is referring to the top mount height adjusters on the B pillars, the trim in this area commonly wears badly on W126's, lifting the mount to the top has possibly stopped any interference between the belt and the trim?

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
My guess is Tim is referring to the top mount height adjusters on the B pillars, the trim in this area commonly wears badly on W126's, lifting the mount to the top has possibly stopped any interference between the belt and the trim?

You are correct Ant thanks for that.

Show & Shine 9am tomorrow the Battleship is ready for the open road tomorrow.

Cheers.