seat belt holders

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
I can find plenty on the Net from The USA..... as usual the freight is more than the items,, Also most are Plastic with poor reviews. Adjustable BMW Holders will fit but they to are also fragile Plastic...... Metal ones are listed at $200 plus freight.... for two pieces of bent metal !
Not an essential , but would be nice to have.
The Company that has the Half Covers listed also lists them... but they don't have either of them.
Maybe some one has a couple of used items ???

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes Brian, those are they .
BMW adjustable, which will fit... but all reviews say that they are very fragile and break easily. Apparently they are a BMW Dealer Item .
I hope to find some Mercedes originals which I believe are metal.
Sean

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Hmmm - now you have me thinking. Yes, I guess they do need to break away in an accident to allow the seat belt to pull tight. The use of airbags and set belt pre-tensioners has probably made them obsolete, or even dangerous, unless they are built into the system as they are with my CLK.
I can see though, how they would be very useful. Maybe give MB Spares a call and ask their advice?
Regards,
Brian

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes Brain ,I never thought of that.
I guess the modern Holders are designed to break away so that the Belts can properly restrain you in an accident. I'll get a set from a BMW supplier, or maybe a Dealer will surprise me Dollar wise.

Sean