Does anyone have this model?

More threads by Des

OP
Des

Des

I have all the books for it:

P1010161.png

Original Akkord, removeable picnic radio, you pull it out of the dash and put AA batteries in it, novel little feature really

P1010221.png

Crappy 6 volt lights,

P1010133.png

But yes, pretty happy with the Beetle actually, simple, unfussed motoring,

P1010220.png

P1010038.png

OP
Des

Des

Des VW Beetle a fine automobile!

I rememeber sometime ago Des you were looking to buy a Mercedes 170S correct?

Enjoy driving the VW and Volvo.

Cheers Tim.

Yeah long term goal is to own a pre war 170V or other model Mercedes, there's actually a few about in Tassie, was a story in the newspaper here about 12 months ago about a guy who owns a Mercedes 540k, which was used by someone in the Luftwaffe during the war (still had the blue grey paint and flag pendants), so you never know what will turn up.

260ebenz

Master
Yeah long term goal is to own a pre war 170V or other model Mercedes, there's actually a few about in Tassie, was a story in the newspaper here about 12 months ago about a guy who owns a Mercedes 540k, which was used by someone in the Luftwaffe during the war (still had the blue grey paint and flag pendants), so you never know what will turn up.

Des as you may allready know?

There are two 170S for sale on the Carsales site.

1. 1951 Mercedes 170 S W136 green colour

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars... 4294793508&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=2&silo=1011

2. 1951 Mercedes 170 S W136 white/black colour

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars... 4294793508&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=2&silo=1011

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Des VW Beetle a fine automobile!

Volvo not so sure my Folks had a 244DL Volvo 20 years ago a nightmare it was!

I rememeber sometime ago Des you were looking to buy a Mercedes 170S correct?

Enjoy driving the VW and Volvo.

Cheers Tim.

Is that so? My Volvo 850 T5 gave wonderfull service and cost almost nothing in service or repairs. It was wonderfully comfortable and one of the most user-friendly cars I have ever owned. Here it is parked outside my house..
Volvo.png

Regards,
Benz-Boy

116Benz

It would take a post like this to bring me out of hiding LOL, and yes I have one of those models, the original was a remote control battery powered jobbie that had the boot and bonnet open. Later ones went wireless remote, mine has a lead attached. Bought it off ebay as a non runner for 10 bucks, a little bit of WD40 and a replacement cog and it runs pretty well, lights work, steering works etc. Needs a radiator star though.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Memphismazda/?action=view&current=MVI_0214.flv

260ebenz

Master
Good to hear from you 116Benz!

How are you and how are your Mercedes going?

Cheers.

116Benz

BenzBoy, thank you for those kind words, yes back in the land of cyber Benzes

Tim/260E Benz, thanks, Mercedes is going well clocked up 402,000 km's, hopefully there'll be another 402,000km's left at least.

Michel, yeah thought you'd approve of the colour. From time to time these pop up on ebay around the world.

Has anyone seen the 1:18 Revell 116's? theres a W126 by Norev on the market and a W140 in the same scale comming out too.

Styria

The Godfather

Des, that'd be a find and a half, wouldn't it ! I'd imagine that a very, very deep pocket would be required if that ever came up for sale - that's if it exists. You know Des, one of the things I miss due to your cutting back on topklasse activity are some of the old war and pre-war pics of the various cars used during that period of time. I have managed to save some of your contributions and pictures, and they will find their way into specific sections of the forum. Unfortunately, quite a few pics are missing as you deleted them from your Photobucket album. Regards Styria

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
Hi 116 Benz, that's an absolute cutie - as Michel says, almost as good as the real McCoy. Colourwise, anyway. Yep, nice to know that at long last something "stung you" into action. Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather

Hi Des, such clarity and simplicity from your instrumentation - that Radio is just quite exquisite. Regards Styria

OP
Des

Des

Des, that'd be a find and a half, wouldn't it ! I'd imagine that a very, very deep pocket would be required if that ever came up for sale - that's if it exists. You know Des, one of the things I miss due to your cutting back on topklasse activity are some of the old war and pre-war pics of the various cars used during that period of time. I have managed to save some of your contributions and pictures, and they will find their way into specific sections of the forum. Unfortunately, quite a few pics are missing as you deleted them from your Photobucket album. Regards Styria

Dear Michael

I do not seem to get the time nowadays to spend on the various forums,

I never seem to find enough time to spend on my group site,

http://www.170220.com/

If you have the time yourself, please pop in and have a look, like me, I know you like to window shop at these great cars.

We do have a lot of pictures and information over there.

260ebenz

Master
Des,

Shannons have a green 170 up for Auction in two weeks.

Might interest you?

Cheers.

OP
Des

Des

Is that so? My Volvo 850 T5 gave wonderfull service and cost almost nothing in service or repairs. It was wonderfully comfortable and one of the most user-friendly cars I have ever owned. Here it is parked outside my house..
Volvo.png

Regards,
Benz-Boy

Dear Brian

Nice looking Volvo, I would take a guess that the luggage area is compareable to your ML for the dogs?

Today my Volvo, rolled over, 350,000k's,

P1010320.png