Battery Drain

More threads by Michel

Helmet

Connoisseur
Good news Michel, I managed to see the EIS coming on with my ammeter hooked up. It only draws a small amount of current for about 1 min. I searched a little further on your boot light theory. I found that it only goes off sometimes . I suppose something is a little out of alignment with the switch. I done a small modification and all is OK now. See you Friday

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Good news Michel, I managed to see the EIS coming on with my ammeter hooked up. It only draws a small amount of current for about 1 min. I searched a little further on your boot light theory. I found that it only goes off sometimes . I suppose something is a little out of alignment with the switch. I done a small modification and all is OK now. See you Friday

Does that mean I don't need to buy a new EIS, locks and new keys and take a second mortgage? :eek:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Michel does that mean I owe a beer to my electrician neighbour . Mind you he works for a European car service centre in Mandurah.

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hi Michel does that mean I owe a beer to my electrician neighbour . Mind you he works for a European car service centre in Mandurah.

You could :p
I'll shout you one next time we meet :cool:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Could be sooner rather than later . Wife or ex what ever the case may be has moved to coffs harbour last week. Now to find a recipient for a large m100 .

sean sherry

Master
Hi Helmet , does the guy who advertises in the IAME Magazine repair these Ign. Switches ?
My mate who bought my Instrument Cluster Repair Business ( 10 years ago ) .... I believe can read and reprogram them and the Clusters.

May help somebody...... Sean

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Yes I have tried to change to moniker-avatar but it did not work?
Any suggestions for my new moniker-avatar should be?

Easy Tim what car do you have. :) i have tried to change mine to ex-motec 6.9 :eek:

Gentlemen,

Only an Admin can change names on the Forum, and probably only for a good reason :cool:

Styria

The Godfather
Gentlemen,

Only an Admin can change names on the Forum, and probably only for a good reason :cool:

That indeed, is of some interest. BTW, good to see your problem solved. I am glad that Helmet has come to the rescue. Regards Styria

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
That indeed, is of some interest. BTW, good to see your problem solved. I am glad that Helmet has come to the rescue. Regards Styria

He's been simply wonderful, a true gentleman and a master craftsman.
Found the culprit that many who tested that problem didn't.
He fixed it and the charges were very reasonable :eek:

Thank you Helmet!

Helmet

Connoisseur
He's been simply wonderful, a true gentleman and a master craftsman.
Found the culprit that many who tested that problem didn't.
He fixed it and the charges were very reasonable :eek:

Thank you Helmet!

It was a pleasure Michel, thanks for the kind words.