Battery Wear Indicator

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Over the years, I have seen it time and again. An indicator that the battery has a somewhat limited life span. Sure enough, it will keep on starting your car, and you may listen intently - is everything sounding right ? Do you have your doubts regarding the state of the battery ?

I reckon I have worked it out. When you come to start your car in the morning, take a close look at the rev counter. If the rev counter needle swings up sharply towards 3-4 thousand revs, returns back to say 500 rpm, and swings back up sharply again whilst the engine is being cranked, your battery is on the way out and is likely to let you down at possibly an inconvenient time. If nothing else, and to perhaps re-assure you, or have peace of mind, call in at your friendly Auto Electrician and have him carry out a load test. You may well be surprised and, perhaps even utter to your self.....by jove, that Godfather was right.......and then, if you want a battery, let me know. I'd procure you on of those monster batteries for $225.00. Regards, Styria