Battery cost

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Batteries for your shinny new BMW..... $1500 !! Apparently they have a Micro Chip installed. :eek: Average life of most Batteries today about 3 years

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
You bought a BMW Sean?
Congratulations.
Which model?
Pictures please :D

Styria

The Godfather
Sean my boy, nowadays I only ever buy Supercharge which, as a rule, will last about 4-6 years. It was Delkor units at one stage, but the retailer I bought from stopped stocking them as they had increased their prices beyond what he was prepared to buy them for. Anyway, Supercharge it is for me. Regards Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Thanks Styria , :)it is hard to know what to buy at times.....
No ..No Michel I did not buy a BMW ! Forty years ago I bought a 3 0 S kept it for 3 months and traded for a far better car.... A Saab EMS. In 1965 I made another bad judgement a new 2.8 5 series. Nothing but trouble ... sold after a year of aggravation .

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Yes OEM’S like batteries to be their own.
As Sean mentioned, our Volvo product talks to the batteries through their system to give full health checks on the dash or remotely to the fleet via the cloud.
When replacing the batteries, you must submit the specific code of each battery (up to 3 in certain models) then the truck admits it to its CAN.

A bit like the wonderful beings in Star Trek, assimilation and resistance (or the wrong battery) is futile.