260E Mercedes for sale

More threads by 260ebenz

Styria

The Godfather
Hi BenzBoy, any report can be directed to myself for consideration, evaluation and non-action ! A man's got to have some fun in his life.....Regards Styria :D

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Mercedes will be on display for sale at Saturday's Motorfest.

Anyone interested to have a look at the car or take the car for a test drive more than welcome to.

Last edited:
OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Mercedes is going to be registered on Thursday renewal is valid for 6 months with the NRMA.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Timmy,seems like you're going nowhere fast with your efforts to sell your 260. Unfortunately, at your asking price, you have entered a very congested territory, not only in the Mercedes category, but many other makes and models as well.

You're so very close to the large Ch. 126 models, and even the cars of the early 2000s are nudging your asking price. As a matter of interest, I am surprised that you're selling, considering its fine (and yours) effort in the concours last year. I would probably consider maybe asking about a thousand less, and see how you fare. Regards Styria

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Hi Timmy,seems like you're going nowhere fast with your efforts to sell your 260. Unfortunately, at your asking price, you have entered a very congested territory, not only in the Mercedes category, but many other makes and models as well.

You're so very close to the large Ch. 126 models, and even the cars of the early 2000s are nudging your asking price. As a matter of interest, I am surprised that you're selling, considering its fine (and yours) effort in the concours last year. I would probably consider maybe asking about a thousand less, and see how you fare. Regards Styria

Hello Styria,

Appreciate your interest and opinion most appreciated.

I have stated that the price is $6500 negotiable the best price I would be happy to take for the car is $6000 no less.

I just do not want to give the car away I have spent to much time and good money on the car to just give it away for a cheap price that would not be logical.

Like I said just about to register the car for 6 months this week to ask $5500 well sorry I just could not do that.

In a month I have not one single enquiry about the car either via phone or email which is a surprise but that could change.

Just have to be patient and once the 260E is sold my plan is to purchase another Mercedes which I have mentioned previously.

Cheers.

Styria

The Godfather
Well, as I said, Tim, it is a very crowded market - just so many cars to choose from. You only need to compare the price of your car with the 420SE advertised. What, about the same price as your 260, and there is your answer. Regards Styria

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Well, as I said, Tim, it is a very crowded market - just so many cars to choose from. You only need to compare the price of your car with the 420SE advertised. What, about the same price as your 260, and there is your answer. Regards Styria

420SE advertised not sure which car you are talking about Styria??

I just do not think my 260E is worth $5500 to sell that would be giving the car away and I am not prepared to that.

$6000 is my best price 6 months rego good tidy car, service history.

Cheers.

Styria

The Godfather
Timmy, don't be upset nor offended. It's not every day that a car as well maintained, and much cherished like yours, that comes up for sale. You just need the right person to come along and appreciate your car for what it is and the amount of time and money you have spent on servicing and maintenance. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
Tim if you don't have to sell and are prepared to wait for the right buyer, don't give her away!! You haven't had her on the market for long; it just takes patience.... Sometimes it can take 6 - 12 months.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Timmy, don't be upset nor offended. It's not every day that a car as well maintained, and much cherished like yours, that comes up for sale. You just need the right person to come along and appreciate your car for what it is and the amount of time and money you have spent on servicing and maintenance. Regards Styria

Hi Styria no mate I am not upset or offended and thanks for your comments most appreciated.

Thanks also Mark and agree the 260E has not been on the market long patience is the key.

8am tomorrow off to the Mechanics rego renewal inspection and then off to the RTA and the NRMA.

Cheers guys.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
260E did not pass the rego renewal inspection this morning.

260E needs the ball joints to be replaced repairs are going to be carried out next Wednesday.

22 year old ball joints time to be replaced.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Quote for ball joint replacement.

$55 each ball joints each.

1hr 30mins labour.

Wheel alignment.

Total cost $334.30 includes labour & GST.

Is this a good price?

Cheers.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Thanks Tony.

Prices did vary for the ball joints each need to replace the left & right hand lower ball joints.

Booked the 260E in next Wed 8am to have the new ball joints fitted.

Question to you guys I have had the car inspected this morning and it did not pass as I have stated cost to do the inspection was $34.50.

Will I have to have another inspection carried out and be charged another $34.50?

Appreciate your advice guys.

Cheers Tim.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
He could legally charge you for another inspection. :(

But if he did, so soon after, he'd be morally corrupt. :mad:

He should NOT charge you as he already inspected the whole car and repaired what needed repairing, thus NOT requiring another inspection. :eek:

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
He could legally charge you for another inspection. :(

But if he did, so soon after, he'd be morally corrupt. :mad:

He should NOT charge you as he already inspected the whole car and repaired what needed repairing, thus NOT requiring another inspection. :eek:

Hi Michel thank you for that info.

Spoke to Mechanic he will not be charging me another $34.50 to carry out another inspection.

I have 14 days to have the car repaired as in new ball joints fitted which as I mentioned before are going to be fitted next Wednesday.

Therefore no extra charge just another inspection will be carried out and this time the car will pass with flying colours excellent!

Cheers.

Oversize

Grand Master
Tim is the car serviced at any other time during the year? Were you told previously they were on the way out? I'd have thought the ball joints would've been an issue for quite a while and not suddenly let go.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Tim is the car serviced at any other time during the year? Were you told previously they were on the way out? I'd have thought the ball joints would've been an issue for quite a while and not suddenly let go.

260E was serviced 5,000kms ago at 130,000kms odometer is now 135,000kms.

Last service there was no issue with the ball joints and recent wheel alignment also no issue.

And recent replacement of the tire rod ends I was not informed about any issue with the ball joints.

Ball joints are 22 years old rubber boot on the left and right side and worn out need to be replaced.

Tony66_au

I think what Mark is getting at is why didn't your mechanic spot the damage when he last worked on the car and i have to admit I wondered the same thing.