260E Mercedes for sale

More threads by 260ebenz

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Here is a couple of photos of the 260E.

Please note the 260E now has original Bosch amber tail light and indicator lenses fitted to the car not the aftermarket clear lenses you see in the photos.

I do have one photo of the 260E with the Bosch amber lenses fitted to the car so you can see the difference.

Cheers.

slims260e2.jpg

slims260e.jpg

Slims260E2010Concours-2.jpg

SlimsMercedes2011MBCNSWConcours.jpg

Tims260Eamberindicators.jpg

260einterior2.jpg

melvin2-2.jpg

melvin3-2.jpg

Oversize

Grand Master
Very nice car Tim! I always liked those wheels. But I have to agree with the others.... Once you've had one you'll just want more... and more... and more!!!! ;)

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Very nice car Tim! I always liked those wheels. But I have to agree with the others.... Once you've had one you'll just want more... and more... and more!!!! ;)
Exactly - exactly - I started with one car and now it's five; started with one dog and now it's twelve. The difference is you have to buy the cars; the dogs do the reproduction bit themselves.:D I've left a Royce and a Benz in the garage alone at night but didn't even get a hybrid....:eek:
Regards,
Brian

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
More than one Mercedes sure would be nice but one is enough for me.

And a 300SEL W126 is the one I would like to buy next.

Speaking of the wheels Oversize I purchased four Mercedes centre caps for the wheels see what you think?

Centre caps before they were fitted to the car.

benzstar1-1.jpg

Caps fitted to the car genuine Mercedes caps as well.

mercwheelcap4.jpg

mercwheelcap3.jpg

Oversize

Grand Master
Looking great Tim. Now just get a soft toothbrush on the vents of those wheels and she'll look shmick!!! :D

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Looking great Tim. Now just get a soft toothbrush on the vents of those wheels and she'll look shmick!!! :D

Thanks Mark and good tip about the soft toothbrush on the wheel vents I have done that job before will have to do it again.

Wheels on the 260E look alot better compared to when I first purchased the car four years ago.

Recently had the wheels pressured cleaned with a alloy wheel cleaner a vast improvement NO more of the dreaded black brake dust!

Cheers Tim.

mercwheelcap1.jpg

Oversize

Grand Master
Be very careful with the pressure cleaner Tim as they can strip the paint right off if you get too close! If you use a commercial wheel cleaner make sure it's acid free and you don't leave it on for long, as it'll permanently etch the finish. Wheel cleaner works best when the wheels are dry. Spray it only on the problem areas and then give that area a light scrub with a damp soft brush, or a damp sponge. Never use a scourer!! Then rinse off immediately before it dries. Obviously it's best to do it this in the shade... Use eucalyptus oil on tar and stubborn spots. Then I wash the whole wheel with Kitten (red bottle) car wash, as you would with the rest of the car. This way the wheels have some wax applied and are a little more protected from the elements.

Oversize

Grand Master
BTW your picture raises another issue with wheel weights used for balancing. Unless they're painted, the lead can start a chemical reaction with the alloy surface of the rim and actually etch the surface if they're left on for too long! Stick on weights use double-sided tape that's almost impossible to remove. Wurth wheel weights are good, but also expensive. On new tyres the markings on the sidewall of the tyres should be correctly aligned with the tyre valve, so the minimum number of wheel weights are required to achieve dynamic balance.

http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires_101/tire_care_and_safety/match_mounting/

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Mark thank you for the advice about the wheel cleaning and wheel weights very useful.

Tony66_au

Exactly - exactly - I started with one car and now it's five; started with one dog and now it's twelve. The difference is you have to buy the cars; the dogs do the reproduction bit themselves.:D I've left a Royce and a Benz in the garage alone at night but didn't even get a hybrid....:eek:
Regards,
Brian

Brian you know the English and the Germans dont get on well, they probably spent an awkward night not talking about the war........

Tony66_au

The secret is to add a leather Car Bra to the Rolls Royce, and leave a lunge whip leaning nonchalantly against the wall.............

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
German car versus English car interesting battle I have to say the German car wins hands down but that's just me!

Tony66_au

Id have to agree that on a reliability and engineering standpoint the German cars win hands down but not so much with design and character.

Sure they have made some gorgeous cars that inflame the senses and cause a quickening of the heart but the Pomgolians have it in bucketfulls on a much broader scale.

After all they built such bad quality cars for so long they had to inject oodles of charisma into their marques of the industry would have faded into oblivion years before the India'ns, Germans and former Eastern bloc automakers bought and kept them.

Take note that I say this with love, respect and more than a little fondness for Pomgolia has produced many examples of crap that I love dearly in an open and honest love hate relationship.

BTW I had a quick drive of a Range Rover Sport a few days ago, a quick 400-something km round trip to Eden and back......

Nicest Jag Ive ever driven!

Styria

The Godfather
Thanks guys your info is food for thought that is for sure.

Heart is set on a 6cyl 300SEL I have to say.

Cheers.

Timmy, I thought your heart was set on birthday girl ! :D

Just bear in mind that parts for these later model 126s can be quite expensive, and not easily obtainable second hand, Ignition module for 300 - about $4.5k., 420 about $7k. to $8K. THAT IS REAL MONEY IN MY LANGUAGE. Regards Styria

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Timmy, I thought your heart was set on birthday girl ! :D

Just bear in mind that parts for these later model 126s can be quite expensive, and not easily obtainable second hand, Ignition module for 300 - about $4.5k., 420 about $7k. to $8K. THAT IS REAL MONEY IN MY LANGUAGE. Regards Styria

Birthday Girl how could I forget her be still my beating heart for her! LOL.

Thanks for the advice about prices for parts quite interesting.
:eek:

Parts can be sourced from the US is that correct?

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Any MBCNSW Club Members received there Club magazine yet and if they did you see my 260E for sale in the magazine?

$6500 negotiable is a good price would you guys agree with that?

260E is booked in next week for a service at my Independent Mercedes Mechanic.

Cheers.

Tony66_au

Any MBCNSW Club Members received there Club magazine yet and if they did you see my 260E for sale in the magazine?

$6500 negotiable is a good price would you guys agree with that?

260E is booked in next week for a service at my Independent Mercedes Mechanic.

Cheers.

I don't think its an unreasonable asking price for a car with provenance.

Styria

The Godfather
Regards,
Brian

Maybe one or the other was not in season...........Should always check the exhaust. :D Ha, ha, I just have got to laugh at my own joke - it's made my day. Regards Styria