WTB: 6.9 hydro suspension tank

More threads by B13

B13

Need a good used hydro suspension fluid tank for my 6.9

One of the two small bolts (for want of a better word) on my current one which retain the pressure regulator has stripped threads, and doesn't hold the PR down to my satisfaction.

Ian.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Found one.

Need a good used hydro suspension fluid tank for my 6.9
One of the two small bolts (for want of a better word) on my current one which retain the pressure regulator has stripped threads, and doesn't hold the PR down to my satisfaction.
Ian.

Woaw.... 1hour and 33minutes...

Is that a record for a find? :p

OP
B

B13

It is for a used 6.9 part.

Styria

The Godfather
Talking of suspension reservoirs for the 6.9s, one item that can be of a real nuisance value is the leaking of hydraulic oil from between the tank and the body of the pressure regulator.

There is a very special jelly like type of seal that will swell and become quite inaccurate to re-install......

ebaypictures-December2008151.jpg....

and I have on occasion taken to placing it in a freezer to reduce its size. This seal is pretty special because....because...it costs $A56.00 plus, and has to make the long journey across the seven seas from Germany. So, the price has got to be right, right ?

Anyway, you can't always wait for the Teutonic product, can you, so I went through some of the hundreds of 'O' rings, flat rubber seals, lipped seals in order to cobble up a temporary cure - it may only be that. So, I found a lip seal that fits servo pistons for some gearbox (honestly don't know which) in an effort to 'build up' the sealing surface and, so far, it seems to work.

This type of leak is not overly important, but more of nuisance value. Another tip - if for some reason you have to remove the pressure regulator, disconnect the cable from the distribution valve, remove the braket that holds the cable, move the disc to the 'M' position, disconnect distribution valve (the small square alloy unit) that is secured by two long 10 mm bolts, but DO NOT JACK UP CAR - I guarantee that you will hardly get any high pressure hydraulic leaks when you start loosening up or remopving some of the lines.

Also, if your system works well, but if there is no pressure that can be felt when moving the disc, starting the engine will restore pressure almost immediately - each and EVERY time - you should not have to rev it for God knows how long. Regards Styria

OP
B

B13

Maybe send me one of those transmission seals and I'll get the local bearing/seal wholesaler to match it up with what they have on the shelf.

Ian.

WGB

That seal sounds pretty expensive for what looks like a piece of moulded silicon.

Have you tried making your own? or using a bead of appropriate silicon.

Boill

Styria

The Godfather
That seal sounds pretty expensive for what looks like a piece of moulded silicon.

Have you tried making your own? or using a bead of appropriate silicon.

Boill

Sorry WGB, I wouldn't know where to start. Beads of silicone - again, not a clue on my part and, yes, that is a very expensive price for a piece of 'blubber'. Regards Styria

TJ 450

I have been informed that the seal in question is NLA, as I tried to order one recently from the agent.:mad:

Tim

Styria

The Godfather
I have been informed that the seal in question is NLA, as I tried to order one recently from the agent.:mad:

Tim

Hi Tim, I chased it up with Marshalls in Sydney who in fact gave me a part number for that seal. I well appreciate the fact that it may be NLA and if that was the case, one would have thought that the information would have been volunteered.

I did not order the seal (gasket) as I needed to get authority from the intererested party first. Regards Styria