Tyres/steelies combo

More threads by Afro107

A

Afro107

Making space for the new stuff...

I got a set of almost new tyres with excellent steel wheels.

Tyres are 4x Kelly PA868, 195/75-14 98H and are new, driven only MEL to SYD and a few km's on top.
Fitted and balanced onto 107/116 steelies which are in excellent condition, true and straight.

Perfect for every day use or as a spare set for a weekend queen's time in the garage

any offer better than $99 (1/3 of the cost of new) will make them yours. That is 25 bucks each!
I can assist with courier.

available until 20. September

pickup from Artarmon, NSW
I may be able to bring them closer to suburbs along the M2

Styria

The Godfather
Happy to take them off your hands. Please phone me on 0428-50-1800. Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Need to recite one of Joan Rivers' jokes - I kept on tossing and turning in my sleep, but in my case to no good purpose. ::D. Imagine the relief to my frustrations when I spotted your post. Looking forward to your call. :). Regards. Styria

Last edited:
OP
A

Afro107

Got a problem.

I need to BORROW at least 8 bolts that will fit the Baroque wheels, otherwise I cannot remove these of the car.
I nearly killed myself earlier whilst trying to fit Baroques with shorter bolts. I was sure these were the originals....
Spent 2hrs searching the originals with no luck. They must be buried in the crates in the storage with gozillion other stuff on top of them.

I hope wreckers can help...

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
.....well Afro 107, I am not a wrecker, but I can help. I think, and will double check. Yes, steel rims take shorter bolts - no, Baroque ones take longer ones, I have known of one owner that secured 'steels' with Baroque bolts and smashed the handbrake assembly to 'Smitherines' - it was a 6.3, but only needed a bootful of revs to turn the wheels ! He wasn't very happy with his endeavours. Regards Styria

OP
A

Afro107

My problem is opposite from that.
The shorter screws are unusable for stationary car either.

I will call a few wreckers on Monday, failing that there is a plan b. I truly do no want to uncrate anything close to changing addresses

Styria

The Godfather
I must admit to being confused. To recap - steel wheels need short bolts, Baroque wheels require slightly longer ones. Is that your situation ? In other words, I assume you need the longer bolts ? Regards Styria

Last edited:
OP
A

Afro107

Yep.

The shorter screws I had for steelies are not applicable for Baroque's. Short by ~10mm.
I was convinced that the screws I had for steeles were the one I used for Baroque's.

The steel wheels are on the car and I was to put original Baroque's back...

Styria

The Godfather
It's about what I thought it was. So, would you like to tell me what the next step will be, other than you procuring the eight longer bolts ? You may also like to tell me if you require my assistance with those bolts. Regards Styria

OP
A

Afro107

I'll try to source 8 bolts (or 20 brand new), failing that, I have an option with my 17" wheels for which I am expecting the tyres to arrive late this week...

I'll keep you posted.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Its good you have fixed that problem Afro107 now to just dispose of them. :D

Styria

The Godfather
I met Afro107 last night - what a genuine, and pleasurable guy to keep company with. The tyres and rim were exactly as advertised and they have found a home. The purchase of those Chinese made Kelly Radials was two fold - they would make excellent tyres for my Gold 450SE as they are a much younger, and better treaded tyre, but I could also use them on one of my Rover 3500s.

I had been agonizing over replacement tyres for one of those, so Afro107s tyres provided the ideal solution. I am hoping that he will actively partake in forum activities . Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
And I may make offer on Gold car when I move east. We will see :D

OP
A

Afro107

Thanks for the compliments...

Now I have following:

1. set wheels/caps 1995 Mazda, 95% new tyres (~5000km)
  2. set wheels/caps Commodore VE, 2 VGC tyres, 2 edging with RWC
  3. Set Lorinser RS, probably with brand new Kumho KU31 215/55-16
  4. Rial wiremesh 16" black

But I can not post them before I have the pics...

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Afro107 good luck selling. :D

OP
A

Afro107

With the right price, everything can be sold.

I just want some things gone and the pricing will be right.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
As I said when you wanted to sell the Rail wheels I was interested. But I got the feeling you didn't want to sell them so I bought the Pentas. :eek:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Nothing personal Afro107. Once I sort my self out and move east I may talk to you about the lorinsers if you still have them.