Track day anyone?

More threads by GreaseMonkey

SELfor50

I can be sure to add at least 3 people and 3 more cars.

True that Michel, BBQ's first, let's get some meat on the barbie first!! :)

WORD!! Been waiting for you to chime in... oh yeah. Good stuff Joe! :cool::cool::cool:

Understand completely Styria, i'm sure you'll have a great day spectating and wandering the MB loaded pits! :)

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I believe we will be honoured with at least one Silver Ghost driven by the world's acknowledged expert of Ghosts - Dr Barrie XXXXXXXX !!!! and an XK140 as well as a 'hot' SS1. Michel did a wonderful job tonight of convincing the RROCA members that they would have a ball (or two) :D:D:D
Regards,'BenzBoy

Last edited:

oscar

Can we take passengers on the track?

(promise I wont ask to pack 5 of us in the Ghost :D , 690SEL is a different matter though :rolleyes: )

I'm just curious if more than the driver can go round the track, in the same car, at the same time??

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Can we take passengers on the track?

(promise I wont ask to pack 5 of us in the Ghost :D , 690SEL is a different matter though :rolleyes: )

I'm just curious if more than the driver can go round the track, in the same car, at the same time??

NOT quite sure..... :rolleyes:

I would say no, but I'll ask in a very convincing manner :D

OP
J

JoeB

If there is some structure adhered to, and all occupants of vehicles wear appropriate protective clothing, then there should be no issue with a 'Sighting lap'

a Sighting lap is a low speed crawl of the circuit, designed to help you identify braking points, turn-in points and hazards / anomalies etc.

a Sighting lap is NOT a warm-up lap, a hot lap or any other excuse to pedal hard with 4 mates in the car.

if you want to do race speeds with passengers, then the circuit manager will kick your backside off the track so swiftly you won't ever be coming back.

It's very basic OH & S. much more risk with multiple people. This is why it's banned at every circuit.

Don't wreck it for everyone else by behaving badly. There are track rules, and people who don't abide by them are simply told to leave the circuit. I've seen it happen more than a few times.... people get all silly or hot headed, and wreck the event for everyone.

Follow the rules, and everyone will have a ball, I can promise you that.

Also.... make sure everyone who brings an accomplice brings a camera. pictures are essential!

after all.... everyone wants bragging rights at the end of the day :)

OP
G

GreaseMonkey

Grease-Monkey (to use his new hyphenated moniker - thanks Styria) WILL be there, maybe Mrs G-M too, though I doubt she will be pedalling with any anger.
She did however raise a valid point; will any on-site catering be open for business, or, do we bring our own?
No probs either way, but SWMBO likes to prepare ahead, and we, at least, will be well taken care of.
Also Michel, what is the deal re the $200? I will be up for the feed this Saturday, want a 'Gregory Peck' in case?
Or do I wait for the mysterious pdf?
Chris M.

SELfor50

GREAT NEWS peoples!! Sounds like we're closing in (if not already there?!) to the required 20 or so entrants..

Can't wait to see the RR's out there hey..

Good to hear you're gonna make it GM. I think Michel posted that morning/lunch/afternoon tea's will be provided for the $$

SO can't wait to drive the North circuit!!! GP styles... oh yeah.

Michel, being that i'll have a 2nd driver for my beast and we'll be alternating i'm assuming it's still $200 each?! (no stress if it is, that's standard, just asking cause i can..)

Cam2. :)

oscar

if you want to do race speeds with passengers, then the circuit manager will kick your backside off the track so swiftly you won't ever be coming back.

It's very basic OH & S. much more risk with multiple people. This is why it's banned at every circuit.

:( Fair enough, I'll behave

She did however raise a valid point; will any on-site catering be open for business, or, do we bring our own?

I thought I read something before. Michel posted - $200 per car includes day CAMS license and morning/afternoon tea/refreshements.

Whether that's a selection of horses doovers and latte's or vegemite sangers and juice boxes I don't know but if the sustenance is lacking and International Roast under par and since I'm towing povo up, oscarette will be making dashes to Narellan in the Terri (if I ask her nice)

BTW, glad to see you're coming still GM.:cool:

Cam, good question whether you pay per car or per person. Although Michel posted $200per car I'd imagine there'd be at least something extra for another day license. I was trying to get oscarette to have a lap but she wont do it.:rolleyes: If GM can convince his Mrs maybe Nat will too. One more thing, I think we're doing the South Circuit?? Longer faster track, just no figure 8 is all.

OP
G

GreaseMonkey

Yep, I'll be there ok, Mrs G-M will be around but not driving ( I think, unless....) but all is good.
And yes, it did say a feed was included, no probs, we'll get by.
I recently bought a spare set of 6.5x14 alloys which have a couple of useable tyres too, so I'm ok to burn!
Look forward to some fun!
Chris M.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Guys, please read carefully.

Morning and afternoon tea means coffee/tea and probably biscuits.
I have been to those kind of days and I don't recall seing more than that.
HOWEVER.....
Depending on numbers, I'll have a chat to OP management and see if I can swing a few more things in the deal.
I have just landed from Adelaide and as soon as I get a chance I will add the numbers and let you know how many we're looking like having.

Just finished talking with Jeff,

We have 2 options:

OPTION1
A weekday.... $200 per car includes day CAMS license and morning/afternoon tea/refreshements.
Driving between 9-4
All day driving around the North circuit

OPTION2
Late afternoon /Day light (3 hours)

Same driving options but on $100 (includes CAMS license)

oscar

Michel, I don't mean to sound picky about the details so apologies if this sounds that way as I know you've just got home and have done a wonderful job organising so far with what's looking likely to be a great mix of cars and people. We are all thankful.

Here's the picky part,:rolleyes: sorry. After that option 1 and option 2 quote, there was another post of yours on page 5 that said " SUNDAY 16th (Oran Park have just had a cancellation....) and it's at the SOUTH CIRCUIT (the big one)." It's why I thought we were doing the south circuit

It matters not which circuit we do really, (I suppose the Grand Prix (combined north and south) circuit is out of the question:D) I'm just looking forward to meeting up again, the track experience and witnessing the sight and sound of our machines around the track. It's gonna be a great day.

FWIW, I've booked the trailer, wheel alignment on Tuesday, new tyres on Wednesday and I'm set:cool: Ahh gotta buy a helmet still.:rolleyes:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
OK........
I have managed to get the impossible.....
SUNDAY .... yes SUNDAY 16th (Oran Park have just had a cancellation....)
and it's at the SOUTH CIRCUIT (the big one).

I have pencilled us in.....
BUT I need to let them know soon....
So a show of hands please....
and then money soon after...

You are right.....
We are going to the South circuit...All as above

My point in the previous post was about the Food
Whereas we started with coffe/tea and maybe biscuits
People started talking about full catering including lunch....
That is NOT the deal...

OP
G

GreaseMonkey

Re catering, that's ok, we can stock the Esky, I was just asking if you knew what, if any, facilities might be there; like the track management may well have a local burger van that will turn out for any event with a number of people.
No probs either way.
Chris M.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Re catering, that's ok, we can stock the Esky, I was just asking if you knew what, if any, facilities might be there; like the track management may well have a local burger van that will turn out for any event with a number of people.
No probs either way.
Chris M.

Well I'll be having cucumber sandwiches (no crust) and a cuppa in the back of the Spirit. :D:D:D
At the speeds you are likely to generate Mr Grease-Monkey, I suggest an empty tummy might be good advice. :eek:
Regards,
BenzBoy
PS; we need a 'tongue in cheek' smiley for this site - just so we don't take it all too seriously....:rolleyes:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
PS; we need a 'tongue in cheek' smiley for this site - just so we don't take it all too seriously....:rolleyes:

How about a tongue like that ...:p

1FACE.jpg

oscar

Hi Michel, got another question...or two :rolleyes: I know car numbers may be limited to a max but are the number of drivers limited too. Can I have a friend along too to share some of my track time.

Also, I don't think it's been mentioned yet but on top of the other requirements, is race tape or similar required to mask headlights and other forward facing glass lenses?

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hi Michel, got another question...or two :rolleyes: I know car numbers may be limited to a max but are the number of drivers limited too. Can I have a friend along too to share some of my track time.

Also, I don't think it's been mentioned yet but on top of the other requirements, is race tape or similar required to mask headlights and other forward facing glass lenses?

I am hoping to be in contact with Oran Park today to clarify a few things and the possibility of multiple drivers is a question that will be asked.

I can answer about taping glass and that is "No you don't need to"...

And don't feel bad about asking any question you might have....
We all need to be clear on things ;)

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
An update:

The entry fee is per driver and not per car. (sorry, these are Oran Park rules)
You can bring 5 cars and pay one ($200) fee as long as it is the same driver....

As many spectators as we want can come and watch for free (it's a private day virtually)

The canteen will be open (provided we are willing to support it)

It's definitely NO Passengers as the insurance (public liability) forbids it unless we are prepared to pay some exorbitant figure PER PERSON.....

They are even considering doing two different classes....
Those who want to test their speed/skills/cars and those who want to enjoy cruising around the track at a more modest speed....

Please.... keep asking questions....(if you have them)

BenzBoy

Grand Master
A cruise around the track at a more moderate speed is very me, these days... Once upon a time I took my Rally prepared Lancia Beta Hi Fi (rare genuine racing engine) around Oran Park giving it the gun on all counts only to have it dump the contents of the sump down the breather hole and envelop the whole track in a cloud of blue smoke. Ah So!! That was what the sump baffles were for...:eek:
Have you ever sat in the pits cleaning the oil out of your Webers? I have. :eek:

I would like to see what kind of speeds I can get out of the Spirit without stressing it or doing any harm so a more moderate speed will suit me. My technician/mechanic who looks after certain aspects of the PII expressed his concern when I told him it would not be the PII. He tells me he is disappointed by my lack of adventure and threatens to take it there himself. You never know.....;)
Regards,
BenzBoy
PS: Do NOT expect me to do a burnout with the price of Avon tyres. NO WAY!!