Track day anyone?

More threads by GreaseMonkey

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I know,
cars..........women............women.............cars.........sometimes a sacrifice is needed.
Chris;)

What a pity.....

I think I might have needed someone (with worldwide experience) spannering for me...:p

SELfor50

I tried a bit of racing Formula Fords in the eighties, I was no good, not only falling off and making mistakes on the limit, but my limit was not even close to competitive speeds so I packed it in - not good enough.
BUT, the tuition I had, and the experience on the track immediately made me a better safer driver on the road, and I think anyone who thinks they like to drive fast would benefit from some good track time.
I also knew a cop who was trained in high speed pursuits, and he showed me how they are trained to 'read' the road and traffic conditions to anticipate all potential hazards.
If the hoons who think it clever to race around in public, spent less on hot goodies for their road car and instead took up racing at club level, they would probably learn a few good lessons too.
Even Karts, sprints, hillclimbs etc, or a few days at a racing school if you can't afford to go racing for a whole season, would get it out of your system, and I for one was happier to be slower, but safer on the road.
Which gives me an idea!!!
How about a track day for the Benz brigade?
I guess we would all be left behind a well driven 6.9 or similar, but any car driven to it's relative limit would be an education.
Or, if we are all to sensible to put our nice old Benzs at risk, how about one of the race school days?
Chris M.

..just a reminder of how this started.... :p

Not angry Chris, just disappointed.. :p ;)

;)

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
..just a reminder of how this started.... :p

Not angry Chris, just disappointed.. :p ;)

;)

yeah. i can add my voice to that one.. disappointed.. :eek:

OP
G

GreaseMonkey

I am still trying, maybe move some other dates.
Chris

OP
G

GreaseMonkey

I recently bought four clean Bundts for the Crayford (it has those copy alloys - not original) and two of them just happen to have fairly decent GoodYear 205/70/14s fitted, same as the SLC, so I have two spares in case it all gets a bit smoky!
If I can change some dates and presuade the Mrs, I'll be there.
Can't miss the Tasman Revival at Eastern Creek at the end of November though, that one is set in stone.
Chris M.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I recently bought four clean Bundts for the Crayford (it has those copy alloys - not original) and two of them just happen to have fairly decent GoodYear 205/70/14s fitted, same as the SLC, so I have two spares in case it all gets a bit smoky!
If I can change some dates and presuade the Mrs, I'll be there.
Chris M.

Offer Mrs GreaseMonkey a few laps on her own...:p

OP
G

GreaseMonkey

If I can figure out how to put it to her, I will let you know the answer.
Might need to borrow a second helmet for a few laps.
C.M.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
If I can figure out how to put it to her, I will let you know the answer.
Might need to borrow a second helmet for a few laps.
C.M.

Another helmet would not be a problem

SELfor50

Do it... A mate of mine who i'm borrowing a car trailer off, is probably gonna come as a 2nd driver of my beast. And he's got his wedding the weekend after, so he has to negotiate for his Mrs to do all the finalising of plans!!! If he can get out of that, dude, you gotta be able to make it! Just pass on that story. ;)

OP
G

GreaseMonkey

Yeah, ok, I know the score...........I also know what pleasure, or pain, is in store if I get it wrong.
C.M.

SELfor50

Ok peoples, we're exactly 1 month out...

What've we got so far??

Michel
Benzboy + How many ring ins???
abl567
Oscar
-bb-
Styria ??
GreaseMonkey ?
SELfor50 + 1 Extra Driver (Alternate using my car)
B13 ?? ?? ..maybe? ;)

That's 7 or so definites, plus how ever many ring in's Benzboy can round up so far?! (hopefully about 5 or 6..)

If we aren't getting much more response from the MB peoples, should I start asking other enthusiasts around canberra who might make the trek?

When is the $$$ due Michel, and do we need to fill out some sort of form or will that be done on the day?

Keep motivated people, this might hopefully start the motorsport bug travelling through the MB world. (cause apparently none of the MB Clubs are interested in Motorsport.....if anyone's got some pull within the MB club, maybe float the idea to members?!)

Cam2. :)

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
BenzBoy and I are due at the RR club tonight where I'll be presenting my proposal for the track day while Benz Boy presides..... :rolleyes:

I shall report tomorrow :eek:

I must also advise that there are a few interested in the MB club of NSW.
We'll soon know..

Let's get the BBQ out of the way first....;)

OP
J

JoeB

I can be sure to add at least 3 people and 3 more cars.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Michel, please count me in as a spectator only at this stage - I am still nursing Gleaming Beauty but, to be brutally honest, I have to watch my finances after my recent overseas trip and the expenses involved in attending to Gleaming Beauty, my Astral Silver 6.9 and the purchase of the Statesman. Hope you understand.

I'll do everything possible to make this a good day for everyone concerned and I can even offer my 'nit-free' Bell Helmet to any budding Schumacher. :D

Regards Styria

abl567

Super Moderator
Hi Michel, please count me in as a spectator only at this stage - I am still nursing Gleaming Beauty but, to be brutally honest, I have to watch my finances after my recent overseas trip and the expenses involved in attending to Gleaming Beauty, my Astral Silver 6.9 and the purchase of the Statesman. Hope you understand.

I'll do everything possible to make this a good day for everyone concerned and I can even offer my 'nit-free' Bell Helmet to any budding Schumacher. :D

Regards Styria

Bring your helmet Styria, you deserve a lap or two in the 6.3, you know her well and I think you will be impressed with the improvements in performance made over the last few weeks ;)