Front Suspension Valve Parts

More threads by Lukas

Lukas

Hi all,

Does anyone have part numbers and a source for the bushing (red arrow) and boot (yellow arrow) for the front suspension valuve:

Suspension-FrontValve_zps2d65efd0.jpg

They don't appear to be on Autohaus.

I was going for a drive this morning, and the car became very bouncy. The bushing had disintegrated allowing the arm to become detached, meaning that the front of the car was raised up (gangster style).

Ta

Lukas

Oversize

Grand Master
I need them too! I didn't think the boot was available separately from the valve....

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Let's see if we can do a bulk buy...

We all seem to need them :D

WGB

Here is the brand new valve as I fitted to my car last year.

DSCN1440-1.jpg

The boot looks much neater.

I still have one new valve in it's packet and have toyed with the idea of getting a boot manufactured but don't really want to butcher a pristine brand new valve.

Bill

Styria

The Godfather
Nice to know that they are available and we have to thank Arcjack for that info. Looks as though I'll be trying to buy a couple, at least. There is a bit of a fly in the ointment however - I don't think it'd be all that easy to fit a new boot with the valve in situ. In all probability it is feasible, but I would like to see someone else try it first. It would also be interesting what cost they are going to run out to. Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I need them too! I didn't think the boot was available separately from the valve....

Mark, according to the bush telegraph, the valves are no longer available - or, indeed, do you have information that would indicate otherwise ? ....and also, if so, at what price ?

Luckily enough, I now no longer have to worry about buying new - my reconditioning is now working well, and as I am able to test my work beforehand, I am much more at ease. Regards Styria

Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
I think if valves are still available they'd be hideously expensive! And not worth the cost if it's just an ugly, worn dust boot that's the problem. Has anyone ever found a part number on the boot? They're often too deteriorated; almost melted. It's like the boot reacts with a (slight) hydraulic oil leak... It seems to be a very common problem. If MB cannot supply them surely something can be found that'll do the job....

And Styria what's the most common cause of a leaking valve? I have one that's pouring out and I gather there's no rubber seals inside.... Fortunately it's the parts car!

Styria

The Godfather
I guess it would not be unfair to state that I am thoroughly confused. The latest 123......part numbers quoted - what are they for ? The boots ? The lever connectors left and right hand threaded ? I wonder if you could clarify this for us. Also, the 000....numbers previously quoted - what do they apply to ? Let us know, Arcijack. Thank you. Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I guess it would not be unfair to state that I am thoroughly confused. The latest 123......part numbers quoted - what are they for ? The boots ? The lever connectors left and right hand threaded ? I wonder if you could clarify this for us. Also, the 000....numbers previously quoted - what do they apply to ? Let us know, Arcijack. Thank you. Regards Styria

arcijack

Connoisseur
sorry for the confusion, see if i can clear it up, called the classic center to order shaft on valve, the bushing top and bottom was gone, rotten! i was told by the John at the classic center that i did'nt need the entire assembly, but i could order the bushings or as he called them right and left joint that the bushings was attatched to. so i received 2 small packages, 1 package had the 1st number i gave, 000766406, the 2nd package had the numbers 1233280063 and it was also on my invoice, i never meant to give impression i ordered boots, thats why i stated i ordered two. meaning bushing, 1 left and 1 right. just to add, i had to drill out the stub on my valve shaft, to accomondate one of the joints, this is what i ordered, see picture, these are the ones that came off car, hopefully this clarifies things, sorry for confusion, thanks

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 15
OP
L

Lukas

Hi all,

Ended up getting these bits form MBSpares - $15 and $16 for the parts as arcijack described. The different between them is one has a left hand thread, the other a right. Some pics:

IMAG0124_zps10c1520a.jpg
Old and new - the new housings are one nut longer than the old, so you need to move the stopper nuts in by one nut width. Note 'L' and 'R' stamped into the flat of the housings.

IMAG0123_zps5380529a.jpg
The new ball joints both had threaded rods attached, whereas the suspension valve has its ball joint permanently attached. Thus, had to remove the new ball joint from the appropriate housing (in a vice) and then press the new housing onto the old ball joint (G clamp).

IMAG0120_zps58558e3a.jpg
Removing the new ball joint in the vice.

PvD

Mountain Dweller
Styria,
In your post dated 11 January 2013 you mention that the valve units are nolonger available but you indicate you are able to recondition the valve units. If this is correct can you recondition my unit which does not seem to work. If you can do this please let me know the address where to take the unit?
Regards,
Peter van Dyk

Styria

The Godfather
Peter, I am sending you a personal message with my private address. I don't particularly wish to divulge those details over the internet. Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Further to our conversation regarding valve lever positioning and length of rod from universal joint head to head. The lever should be at right angles across to the right side of the car, and the length of rod, centre to centre, could be set at 97mms. The length may vary from car to car - I will check this for you against Gleaming Beauty, my own car. The measurement quoted is from another 6.9. Regards. Styria

N.B. I should in due course be able to submit an appropriate picture.

Oversize

Grand Master
Not a bad idea as a default measurement, but I think it will vary from car to car and the more important measurement is the ride height, or distance from the centre of the wheels to the top of the wheel arch

Styria

The Godfather
I think if valves are still available they'd be hideously expensive! And not worth the cost if it's just an ugly, worn dust boot that's the problem. Has anyone ever found a part number on the boot? They're often too deteriorated; almost melted. It's like the boot reacts with a (slight) hydraulic oil leak... It seems to be a very common problem. If MB cannot supply them surely something can be found that'll do the job....

And Styria what's the most common cause of a leaking valve? I have one that's pouring out and I gather there's no rubber seals inside.... Fortunately it's the parts car!

This age old problem now appears to have been solved - well, a solution found. Thanks to the efforts and intuitiveness of our new member Peter (PvD), he has discovered that Suzuki part number OT-01 for one of their tie rod centre rubber boots is just about a perfect fit for the hydraulic suspension valves. The cost is a reasonable $9.86 plus $1.97 Tax plus 10% GST. Thanks heaps for your efforts, Peter. Regards Styria

N.B. Ebay I.D. 280958379791-1247297671018

N.B. I have taken the liberty to merge the thread as shown hereunder as part of this thread on an all encompassing information dealing with this matter.

http://www.topklasse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2413

Last edited: