water circulating ?

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Adding Stop Leak to the expansion tank C Class W 204......
Does the water eventually circulate or just go up and down with Temperature ????
:)

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes, a sign of a slight wee:)p at top tank. I used the product from Liquidintellegence I was given to understand that the Aluminium Radiators in our C Class is not repairable ????

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Correct Sean.

However new ones are not expensive from a third party supplier, I purchased a new one for the S430 I recently sold, it was a Chinese radiator, but it was a very well made and quality looking radiator.

I would rather you do this, than add something into the cooling system that MB never intended to be in the cooling system.

My 20c worth.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
I try not to ignore good advice..... I see that Radiators range from around $150 to $750..... who do I believe ??? :)

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Sean,

The first thing you should do is drain that old fashioned stuff out of your new fashioned cooling system.

What I do is:
Buy what you can afford at the time.

If you want your car to be reliable, you need to fix it correctly.

Don’t just put a band aid on it, because that band aid will inevitably fall off, right when you don’t want it to.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Thanks Helmet... I will check with Silver Star Spares. I have always found them to be reliable & trust worthy.:)