water/methanol injection

More threads by hoddo

SELfor50

My mechanic was talking about the possibilities of this on the track beast... but as you've said.. much more worthwhile on a TC or SC'd car. He was saying good things about it though.

Mercules is probably the man to ask though.. Brother Cam, have you hooked up any of these kit's??

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Hoddo, thanks for those details. I am certainly looking forward to getting an update from you.

I haven't fully read all the details on the website, but there is a good chance that (IN DUE COURSE) it will become part of the new section (interesting websites and links) once it is fully operational. Regards Styria

Mercules

Spiltting lanes
My mechanic was talking about the possibilities of this on the track beast... but as you've said.. much more worthwhile on a TC or SC'd car. He was saying good things about it though.

Mercules is probably the man to ask though.. Brother Cam, have you hooked up any of these kit's??

I have played around with water/meth injection kits in the past - the principle is that water will evaporate when exposed to engine heat and combustion temps cooling the intake charge - the methanol is combustable as well and has a higher RON than petrol so you can advanced the timing a little more without fear of detonation. The methanol acts as a corrosion inhibitor as well.

So, in theory, water/meth injection gives you an intercooling effect and reduces the chance of self-ignition occuring.

In practice I have seen the results of an Aquamist system used on a VL Turbo race car (aftermarket ECU but no intercooler) and it only made a slight difference.

I guess you would have to set up the system and tune the flow and timing on a dyno to see the resuts guys!

Mercules

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Mercules, interesting observations on your part. I guess I can be a bit of a sceptic when all is said and done. I am a great believer in leaving things alone unless there is a real possibility of effecting and applying a well proven modification. Regards Styria