water pump

More threads by arcijack

arcijack

Connoisseur
styria, over on the mercedes 100 sight, Randy was asking about a water pump for his 6.9, i told him i had a round pump that the person i bought it from said it came off a 6.9, but it would not fit my car, i 'm uploading pictures to see if this is the pump in question, i tried uploading on the 100 sight but getting error code.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 15

Styria

The Godfather
Hi arcijack, I don't think that the pump in your picture is that of a 6.9 pump. More than likely off a 450. Others may wish to back me up on this assessment. Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi arcijack, I don't think that the pump in your picture is that of a 6.9 pump. More than likely off a 450. Others may wish to back me up on this assessment. Regards Styria
Very early 6.9s were fitted with the same water pump as specified on the 6.3. There is a real catch with these early 6.9s. The triangular water jacket that fits between engine block and housing the water pump is identical in shape, BUT NOT SIZE, as the 6.3. Now, those water jackets have a habit of quite bad corrosion, and if you have an EARLY water jacket as on the 6.3 with a corrosion problem, it would be just about impossible to find a second hand replacement, let alone new. I don't know how Arcjack got on, and I am still not really certain as to the origins of the pump featured in the photograph. Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather
John would you be able to let me know your prices either by way of reply to your illustrations, or perhaps you may wish to send me a personal message. Regards Styria

john erbe

Noble
Styria, months later now I just see your message. My apologies for this late response. I recently sold the fog lamps for $25. Cheap I know but, need to clear things out and they weren't moving. Regarding the water pump, it's my original rebuilt. I've decided to hang on to it. Relatedly, I sold an extra 6.9 engine I had for $500. Buyer shipped to Europe.

Styria

The Godfather
John, as best as I can determine, your prices are fair. Are you able to price the rubber block and also the Alloy Housing that fits between Pump and Engine Block. Regards Styria

john erbe

Noble
I'll have to check on the rubber suspension block. Something in my memory tells me I may have thrown that in when the guys showed up for the engine. I'll get back on that. I assume that the alloy housing remained on the car with the new pump.