body dress strip

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
I have a dent ( crease ) along the Rocker Panel dress strip ,about 6 inches long, not too bad, and I wonder if it could be pushed back out. I seem to recall reading somewhere that this may be possible. But how ? Also , if some of the clips break are they available ?
Thanks Sean

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, the clips are available from Mercedes Dealers - presumably. I have bought them for the W116 cars. The rocker panel - a bit of a quandry. Depends on the location of the crease. If part of the 'floor' is damaged at the crease of joining floor and rocker panel, the repair can be quite costly. If, on the other hand, the 'damaged' crease is in the rocker panel itself, it can be pulled quite easily by welding a rod to the panel and use a slide hammer to pull it.

I know how it can be done in theory, but I do not have the practical skill to take advantage of my theoretical knowledge. Maybe Michel's Jerry can assist.......Regards Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
The Rocker Panel ( body ) is ok , I t is the Chrome ( anodised ) Dress strip that is creased..... Sean