BMW Club NSW - Oran Park Supersprint 12th April 2009

More threads by SELfor50

SELfor50

Ok.... Before you all ask why i've posted a BMW Club event on Topklasse, let me explain;

This event is the 2nd of the year for the BMW Club NSW Clubsport challenge. I simply attend these events as a 'tag-along' competitor because they are well organised days and they tend to book up some of the best tracks on the east coast.

Last year I attended their super sprint that was held at Wakefield park on August 31st. There are photo's somewhere on here...

Results from that day are here: http://www.bmwclubnsw.asn.au/results/2008_08_31_Results.pdf (I managed to top a number of M3's, in my 1978 450SEL)

So... anyway for the sydney folk who aren't too far from Oran Park please come along and support what's likely to be the only Mercedes entrant on the day.
Or if you'd like to enter as a competitor, let me know and i'll forward the details to you.. ( you don't need to be a member of the BMW club or anything).

This is not an 'arrive and drive' day. It's a proper super sprint, with timing transponders, and a practice session in the morning.. re-grouping (time based) for the afternoon.. and a whole bunch of fun.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
This is not an 'arrive and drive' day. It's a proper super sprint, with timing transponders, and a practice session in the morning.. re-grouping (time based) for the afternoon.. and a whole bunch of fun.

Are you saying MB Club Arrive and Drive days are NOT FUN :eek:

oscar

Send me details Cam please.:cool: Is it full circuit, north or south?

Michel, the club day last year was great fun and like Anthony said, the day snuck up quick this time round that when the reminder popped up it was too late for me to organise the weekend off. If there's another I'll do my best to get there and I hope the MB presence on these days gains some regularity and popularity. Whilst Arrive and Drive is racing amongst friends, competing in sprints is a different matter when it's more competitive and timed. My main aim for the beamer day will be to not come last.:cool:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Michel, the club day last year was great fun and like Anthony said, the day snuck up quick this time round that when the reminder popped up it was too late for me to organise the weekend off. If there's another I'll do my best to get there and I hope the MB presence on these days gains some regularity and popularity. Whilst Arrive and Drive is racing amongst friends, competing in sprints is a different matter when it's more competitive and timed. My main aim for the beamer day will be to not come last.:cool:

I was stirring Oscar, I know it snuck up on us all.

I'll endeavour to be at the BMW day with the chearing squad.. :D

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Ossie and SELfour50, Please count me in for the day - as a spectator only. In fact, I am going to make sure that I'll be there on the day, and I am asking fellow Topklasse members to lend their support on the day - if only for moral purposes.

It would be great to make to also make this an official topkjlasse outing. Any takers ? Regards Styria

Hi Michel, just saw your post - that makes it two of us so far. That's a good start to a chearing crowd. MP Styria

Last edited:
OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Send me details Cam please.:cool: Is it full circuit, north or south?

Oscar... it's the full GP circuit.. :cool::cool::cool: 2.6km's of goodness.

Second that Michel, the OP day last year was good fun.. but i'm just letting people know that if they wish to come along, then there would be a few things that they need to organise prior to the event.
As it's a supersprint, you actually require a CAMS licence, completion of an entry form and selection of category, preperation of your vehicle for detailed scrutineering etc etc.

I've been advised too that we 'may' get frowned upon more than my wakefield outing, because this event is actually a BMW NATIONAL event... And the bloke said, "there might be a few people looking down at your 3 pointed stars."

My response: That's ok, at the end of the day, they'll be looking up at us on the time sheets. :D

oscar

I've been advised too that we 'may' get frowned upon more than my wakefield outing, because this event is actually a BMW NATIONAL event... And the bloke said, "there might be a few people looking down at your 3 pointed stars."

Not me, I'm alright! :D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Yeah you're right. Coming back and looking at it now it's soooo wrong.

Lucky I kept the original grill.

On the other hand, that red good looking 116 in the background is soooo cooool :p

abl567

Super Moderator
Only overshadowed by Six 3 sneaking up from the left:D

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Ossie, I love it and the splendid sense of humour it portrays. Give me more - how about a Rolls Royce grille so that the RR brigade can appreciate just how good a Silver Shadow could have looked ! :D Regards Styria

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Hahaha.. that's great Oscar!! Love it. That would be gold.. you can imagine the headscratchers looking at it going WTF?? I've never seen a bimmer like that.

Nice mate, nice.

oscar

It was good timing that photo. Actually my son took it now that I remember. Povo had just been offloaded and he managed to frame in a 6.3 and 6.9. The kid's got talent.

BTW, styria, I tried the RR grill. Searched the web for a while yesterday for the right grill, with the right angle and right lighting and without people in the chrome reflection. Then I clicked on a multi marque banner and inadvertently started downloading a claytons antivirus virus. It took me ages to clean the disk up so I got the ####s and didn't do a w116 Shadow. One day I will. There was a rusty VW with an RR grill though but I didn't save that pic.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Hi Ossie, I love it and the splendid sense of humour it portrays. Give me more - how about a Rolls Royce grille so that the RR brigade can appreciate just how good a Silver Shadow could have looked ! :D Regards Styria
Buy an R-R Styria and the grille comes free. I doubt anyone will actually 'give' you one. :D:D:D
Regards,
Benz-Boy

Styria

The Godfather
Buy an R-R Styria and the grille comes free. I doubt anyone will actually 'give' you one. :D:D:D
Regards,
Benz-Boy

Oh shuks, got done again. All my hopes and prayers up in Silver Cloud ! Regards Styria

I DO LIKE PLAYING WITH WORDS - and nothing else, please.

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Just waiting for the forms to be sent to me, I will post them up once available for anyone who's interested.

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

2 weeks from today till Oran Park. From my knowledge there will be 2 x Team W116 car's competing against a field of BMW owners. We should have enough wheelbase to block them on every corner / straight. :D

Try make it out if you can to support your local MB Motorsport Crew.

New thread coming with recent upgrades to ol' silver. :)

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Bump. Only a week away now.

Next Sunday 12th April. Watch the first of the Mercedes VS BMW showdown events!

There'll be German exhaust fumes everywhere.
Come and witness the might of the Silver Star take on the.......... Blueish whiteish chequered circle BMW emblem thingy. :D

There will be 2 Team W116 car's representing on the day. :cool: