Blue 6.9 in NSW

More threads by Anthony 350 sl

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Perhaps the Godfather can shed a light on this one?

Styria

The Godfather
Well Anthony, not quite. There'd be a few I have no knowledge of. My understanding is there were about thirty five registered in NSW some five years ago, and some would have fallen by the wayside since. Whatsmore, the figure I am quoting may well not be 100% accurate.

This, Michel, is one that I have no knowledge of, nor am I familiar with the owner's name. The location of Riverstone provides no identity clues either.

These are not real good photos, but the car appears to be just average. I daresay it's had little money spent on it, but it is waiting in anticipation for a new owner to be more generous. Regards Styria

Last edited:

CraigS

It looks like the one that Dave walton had for sale a couple of weeks ago and someone is trying to turn it over quickly, or it wasn't as good as he thought it was when he bought it. If it is the same car, it sold for less than $4,000

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
It is... The same number plates...
Can't blame the guy for trying to make a buck....;)

It looks like the one that Dave walton had for sale a couple of weeks ago and someone is trying to turn it over quickly, or it wasn't as good as he thought it was when he bought it. If it is the same car, it sold for less than $4,000

abl567

Super Moderator
I have met the owner of this car, he wandered into my factory one day a few weeks ago asking about #2723.
He rang me on Tuesday to tell me he was selling the car and gave me a bit of info.
It is a 77 import so a high comp engine.
The front seats are velour covered by sheep skins, the seller said they are both worn. The rear seat is M-B Tex, not sure if it is covered.
He is selling the car because he thinks he cannot do it justice has he has a few others classics, a DS19 among them if I recall.
He is looking for offers ;)

abl567

Super Moderator

Craig do you know the car?

TJ 450

I believe the car was listed on eBay a short while ago, it was still located in QLD at that stage.

Tim

Styria

The Godfather
I have met the owner of this car, he wandered into my factory one day a few weeks ago asking about #2723.
He rang me on Tuesday to tell me he was selling the car and gave me a bit of info.
It is a 77 import so a high comp engine.
The front seats are velour covered by sheep skins, the seller said they are both worn. The rear seat is M-B Tex, not sure if it is covered.
He is selling the car because he thinks he cannot do it justice has he has a few others classics, a DS19 among them if I recall.
He is looking for offers ;)

Well, there may sometime be the exceptions to the rule, but I shudder at the thought of likely repair bills etc. that could become the norm for an apparently neglegted car such as this one.

It looks like money to me, from whatever end you'd want to approach it.As I have said previously, I cannot understand how 6.9s which were priced in the Rolls Royce range, can fall foul of uncaring owners and just let them go to the pack. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
As I have said previously, I cannot understand how 6.9s which were priced in the Rolls Royce range, can fall foul of uncaring owners and just let them go to the pack. Regards Styria

You'll pay a few thousand dollars for a similar age RR in that same condition....

You neglect a car and it will become worthless, especially the likes of a 6.9 or RR because of the expensive upkeep.

I recall buying a 'cheap' 6.9 not so long after I bought my 690SEL.

It was so neglected with the driver seat broken and the console apart, not to mention the 5 spheres requiring replacement, the body having some dings and a little rust, etc etc...

I, also, made a hasty exit and sold it...

G

GreaseMonkey

Sorry - I prefer the multi-syllabic ones myself. For example; Upotipotpon. :eek:
And should you doubt me, it's real. The post code is 3673.
Regards,
Benz-Boy

Have you been listening to Graham Watt?
A bush poet from Kyabram Vic, check him out (to use the modern vernacular) it's a long story how a Pom discovered bush poetry.

Upotipotpon is the place to be!

C.M.