Bmw c2 convertible

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I have indeed been fortunate enough, and privileged, to be driven some twenty to thirty kilometers in the new SLS AMG Sports Car - Supercar ? Surely yes. Yet, however, disregarding its undoubted heritage and breeding, and performance of course, there is something lacking. In my eyes, to be sure.

Look at the typical long nose, small glasshouse, short stumpy tail, all seen from side on and quite reminiscent of most of today's SL range (and for the last ten years) and something appears to have gone wrong. Of course, it all depends on the individual, but to me this sort of styling does not make me take a deep breath. So enter this BMW C2 Convertible. Now, this car has the sort of styling that turns on my taste. Anyway, you guys be the judge. Just remember, the styling of this car goes back many years and, additionally, its mechanical specifications are nothing short of wonderment, comparing more than favourably with - the SLS AMG.

Attachments

• BMW C2 Spyder.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 10

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I
Look at the typical long nose, small glasshouse, short stumpy tail, all seen from side on and quite reminiscent of most of today's SL range (and for the last ten years) and something appears to have gone wrong. Of course, it all depends on the individual, but to me this sort of styling does not make me take a deep breath. So enter this BMW C2 Convertible. Now, this car has the sort of styling that turns on my taste. Anyway, you guys be the judge. Just remember, the styling of this car goes back many years and, additionally, its mechanical specifications are nothing short of wonderment, comparing more than favourably with - the SLS AMG.

This is a mid-mount engine styling Godfather, much like Ferrari's and Lamborghini's styling when the engine is fitted behind the seats.
It is what has become know as the 'Supercar' styling.
Impossible to use with a front mounted engine (look how low the 'bonnet' is)

Ricord

BMW C2 Convertible Video

Some folks may be interested in this video

youtube.com/watch?v=0Hu4RjrkTYU

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Ricord, I have typed in the link you have supplied us with, but cannot get any connection - internet address unknown. So maybe, if you can left click and highlight the address bar, copy, then right click under your post and then paste, we should be able to find the video. Thanks for your contribution. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hi Ricord, I have typed in the link you have supplied us with, but cannot get any connection - internet address unknown. So maybe, if you can left click and highlight the address bar, copy, then right click under your post and then paste, we should be able to find the video. Thanks for your contribution. Regards Styria

http://youtu.be/0Hu4RjrkTYU

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Thanks for the info, Michel. This car is of course nothing like the Ital Design C2. Incidentally, I listened to the accompanying music (?) and it took me back to Lucky Starr's "I've been everywhere man". Ghastly sound. Sorry Ricord, absolutely nothing against you in any way. I am glad that you are taking part in Forum discussions. Regards Styria