Nsw club 2012 concours

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I decided, as I do each year, to attend this year's concours. Again held in Parramatta Park, but in a different location, there was a huge amount of space in which to display the cars - the whole area was well used in which the cars were displayed, and the only criticism I have relates to lack of shade. It was quite hot, and there was not a single tree anywhere within cooee.

MBCNSWCONCOURS2012010.jpg

MBCNSWCONCOURS2012011.jpg

MBCNSWCONCOURS2012012.jpg

I can't be quite sure, but I do think that numbers may have been down a little this year. 116s were fairly thin on the ground, as per picture, and one of the participants left well before the announcement of results.

MBCNSWCONCOURS2012013.jpg

There were also some nice 126s about, including Tim's, but again they were down in numbers. Tim's car looked nice, with shiny black exhaust tips (!), but he did have stiff competition.

MBCNSWCONCOURS2012014.jpg

As for myself, on account of the heat and also my partial disability, I decided to stay put next to Gleaming Beauty, as per picture. The heat was quite intense, but a couple of stubbies helped to dissipate the conditions to some degree. In a way, it was a good spot as there were a number of people that came up and shared time with me, and made themselves known. Curiously, a couple came from Melbourne and Victoria, with a host of desirable cars in their keep, including two 6.9s and a 6.3, as well as E55 AMGs. Those were simply delightful, and one couple really took a liking to GB - even with the two tone paint job and non-standard rims. I must admit I liked GB on the day - she looked quite resplendent both inside and out. This is the radio/ash tray and gearbox tunnel area - I do think it looks the part.

MBCNSWCONCOURS2012002.jpg

I also spent quite some time with Tim discussing matters pertaining to TK - I find him quite delightful and pleasing to talk to. Anyway, here is also a pic of my pride and joy.....

MBCNSWCONCOURS2012001.jpg

All in all, a quite pleasant day - sorry to say, but some of the TK clan couldn't make it on the day, but that's how it goes. Regards Styria

Helmet

Connoisseur
Thanks for posting the pics. I had family commitments and couldn't make it. I agree with you about the shade. I think the club needs to find a venue where cars can the displayed in the shade, amongst the trees. Then I might bring my 111 along. :)

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Thanks for the pics Godfather.
I too could not make it on account of my work commitments.

Sad there is no shade.
I guess, if you don't have your own tent, then you cook!

I believe there will be a new Concours director for next year as Matthew indicated he will not continue.

Time will tell.

260ebenz

Master
Great photos from yesterday's Concours Styria.

Good to see and talk to you yesterday Styria.

Lack of shade yesterday was a bit rough but all in all a great day.

Full credit to Matthew Richard and all involved organising the Concours three cheers to you all!

Here are pics I took yesterday enjoy!
:D

PA200037.jpg

PA200039.jpg

PA200047.jpg

PA200048.jpg

PA200050.jpg

PA200049.jpg

More pics to follow of course!

260ebenz

Master
Beautiful AMG machines on display!

The sound of the exhausts from the C63 AMG, G55 AMG and the SLS AMG talk about impressive!

PA200044.jpg

PA200045.jpg

PA200051.jpg

PA200052.jpg

Back to the Classics.

PA200054.jpg

PA200053.jpg

You guessed it more pics to follow shortly.

Last edited:

260ebenz

Master
250SL Pagoda which was outright winner the engine bay is very impressive!

PA200055.jpg

PA200056.jpg

PA200058.jpg

Stunning SL Mercedes on display.

PA200059.jpg

PA200060.jpg

PA200061.jpg

PA200062.jpg

Last edited:

CraigS

Disappointing from my perspective was the absence of the older cars. Earliest was a Ponton and not too many of them either and only a couple of Adenauers.

260ebenz

Master
Over taking your post sorry Styria but the pics are certainly worth seeing.

More pics from the Concours.

PA200069.jpg

PA200070.jpg

"Delilah 2", very nice eyelashes Delilah!

PA200095.jpg

"Delilah 2", even has a TV screen in the boot!

PA200097.jpg

Photos of a bornite 420SE which won Best in Class for the Class 12 judging category a very fine car indeed.

PA200076.jpg

PA200075.jpg

I was talking to the owner of the 420SE his name was Garry a nice bloke good to have another W126 owner in attendance yesterday.

My 300SE Battleship looking impressive if I do say so myself!

PA200081.jpg

PA200077.jpg

PA200080.jpg

Hope you enjoy the photos.

Again Styria I hope have not taken over your post?

Cheers Tim.

Last edited:

260ebenz

Master
Fine looking Finnies and a 350SL and a 300 Adenauer white with red leather interior.

FinnieMercedes.jpg

FinnieMercedes2.jpg

FinnieMercedes3.jpg

350SL1.jpg

350SL2.jpg

Adenauer.jpg

Adenauerinterior2.jpg

That's enough pics time for lunch!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Great Pics Tim,

Thanks for posting.

And congratulations on your high score!

260ebenz

Master
Thank you Helmet, Brian and Michel in regards to the photos and the Concours Award.

I missed out on a drive in either the 6.9 or the SL AMG Michel maybe next time.

The photos just indicate the quality of Mercedes on display.

Bring on the 2013 Concours!

Last edited:

260ebenz

Master
If I want to find out my Concours score results who do I speak to in the Club to get a copy of my results?

Thanks.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Tim, I am not all that certain that the judges will keep individual scores. In times gone by, it was a matter of, say, picking the two most outstanding in class, and then they would allot points to each of those two cars for the various categories. I would start off with the concours director, or the chief judge which, presumably would have been Ben De Boer.
Just a note about your pics - I am grateful that you took as many as you did. I was just both too lazy, and too uncomfortable physically, plus the heat, to put much effort into picture taking.

I also found that by staying with Gleaming Beauty, I got to talk to some really interesting and pleasant people. BTW, your pics are excellent - as a matter of interest, the pictures you took of your car PRIOR to the concours - a lot of them are quite hazy and blurred and I think that it might be a good idea to delete those photos, and perhaps even re-take the same shots. Regards Styria

260ebenz

Master
Hi Tim, I am not all that certain that the judges will keep individual scores. In times gone by, it was a matter of, say, picking the two most outstanding in class, and then they would allot points to each of those two cars for the various categories. I would start off with the concours director, or the chief judge which, presumably would have been Ben De Boer.
Just a note about your pics - I am grateful that you took as many as you did. I was just both too lazy, and too uncomfortable physically, plus the heat, to put much effort into picture taking.

I also found that by staying with Gleaming Beauty, I got to talk to some really interesting and pleasant people. BTW, your pics are excellent - as a matter of interest, the pictures you took of your car PRIOR to the concours - a lot of them are quite hazy and blurred and I think that it might be a good idea to delete those photos, and perhaps even re-take the same shots. Regards Styria

Hi Styria,

Contacted the Concours Director in regards to my score wait to hear back from him.

I will delete the blurred or hazzy pics of the car I took prior to the Concours as the quality of the pics are a bit ordinary.

New camera I have been using I am getting use to the camera I must remember to hold down the button correctly so the photo is taken more clearly.

I did take alot of pics on Sunday probably 40 or more there were so many great cars on display.

Anyhow thanks for feedback about the pics Styria.

By the way Styria how was the Austrian beer had on Sunday?

Mate of mine enjoys the same Austrian or European beer, lucky he was not there on Sunday you two blokes could have had a few beers and a good yarn!

All the best Styria,

Cheers Tim.

260ebenz

Master
Forget to mention the Parramatta Brass Band who were performing on Sunday a job well done the Band was terrific!

DSC01053.JPG

DSC01046.JPG

260ebenz

Master
As a young bloke I like to keep fit and enjoy going for a bike ride.

One of these bikes would be nice wishful thinking on my part maybe?

DSC01063.JPG

Last edited: