The MAKING of RED PIG

More threads by WiSeGuYY

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hey TONY , too much to digest with my rusted brain, wait till i take photo for the car with the bumpers , YES MARK next photo will be with the bumpers though i love the look without them.

i already bought the extra headlight 2 sets ( 2 yellow and lower 2 white with black plastic covers) but the lower ones mounted on the bumpers but i can drill in the steel if decide to remove front bumpers.
I also have the 2 small bumperette on the w108 i think they like the w116 never tried to check the difference , my w116 came with AMERICAN ones but changed to the EUROPIAN during the restoration .

REGARDS

TAREK

P.S i love your ideas TONY

Tony66_au

Thanks Tarek,
I've done this before and creating or adding bumpers can be a make or break proposition sometimes.

I also agree that a bigarse chrome bumper would ruin the look.

Tony

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

HI TOPKLASSE freinds , i thought update for last week work is due but no photos yet since the A/C is installed , facing few problems with the compressor which came with the new engine , had to find another one to fit that delay the measuring of new rubber hoses till we find it , that only ended by visiting the supplier of the spare parts who i bought the engine from. that was done last thursday , meanwhile they installing the new steering wheel , the center locking ( yes it is the VACUM one) plus i bought the rubber for the bumpers front and rear ( sigh even if i had to remove the front later)
got new rear speakers ( pioneer) for rear shelf and they install the fan coil and A/C window inside the car ( FINALLY) now i can look for the denter consule that suite my RED PIG version.
That is how i spend my EASTER HOLIDAY since the country on hold for couple of days.

REGARDS
TAREK

Helmet

Connoisseur
Hi Tarek,
When I first saw this thread I remember thinking , why is he doing this . Then, a couple of weeks ago I saw this car in Stuttgart and now I know why :cool:

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

HEY HELMET, LOL while the car first bought and went to the steel work shop many gave same comment , WHY YOU ARE RUINING THIS OLD CLASSIC, but at the end they appreciate the result.

TRUST ME IT was a dream since i saw it in MAG catalouge in the 80'S an since i bought one in 74 for my parents from GERMANY ,and fall in love with this model ( in my eyes PAUL BRACQ is the best car designer of that era)

LAST YEAR when i saw i'm able to start this project i didn't hesitate.

IT IS STILL LONG WAY to GO .

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi TONY , THANKS for sharing , if i recall correct this one was the one introduced to race with the new S class painted as RED PIG couple of years back , all RED PIGS are adorable .

Last week i was in ISTANBUL TURKEY and just came 2 days ago ,so i'm eager to see the progress on mine but i must wait till monday .

REGARDS

TAREK

Tony66_au

Whats this world coming to when car crafters have weekends off !

We used to have Monday off because Saturday and Sunday were our busiest days with a non stop sausage BBQ and hot strong black coffee in the dual dripolator.

It was funny because we got little work done but always booked work in for the weeks ahead.

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

LOL @ TONY , NO kidding , sunday is off here in most of this section dealing with cars.

agencies , repair shops , spare parts ETC. even they refuse to accept new cars IN till MONDAY to be able to deliver on SATURDAY the work they have.

It is FUNNY but the weekend here is different , we take FRIDAY& SATURDAY OFF . but mechanics and job related they keep SUNDAY OFF , so as most shops.

REGARDS

TAREK

Tony66_au

Sounds like a good idea mate, this 24 hour a day 7 day a week thing isnt good.

Where i live is a country area and we sort of have restricted trading hours, No fuel locally after 10pm and the shops shut at 5.30 except the grocery which is open till 9pm.

If I want fuel after 10 i have to drive 30 km or go to my fuel storage but i haven't touched it yet!

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi GUYS , i was very eager to pay the SHOP a visit to inspect the last week work while i was away in TURKEY.

For the first time i can be impressed for weeks , A/C working great , backer radio in place , inner door lining become perfect , speakers are installed , hirshmannantenna is completed , center looking done very nice , they found a center consule ( they start installing waiting for my approval) i donno from which model it came from. the car is getting there i can tell you.
small bits and pieces and the car can be ready to be pictured ( using the NIKON ) LOL
The car is never complete ( i don't think it never will) but it is a dream so far and lovely to look at.
couple of days and it can go for a wash and ready .

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi EVERYONE , it was long time since i write here concerning RED PIG , the car is almost ready to be registered and change the plates no my name which not an easy job since i need to run through customs to get the certificate of imorting the new ENGINE installed , they promised me that will be done nest week , after this i'm able to clean and fine tune the car and send it home. CROSS YOUR FINGERS.

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
Pics Tarek; we need pics!!!!

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

i promise MARK , as soon as i finish the paperwork and the car change plates and registered on my name i will use the NIKON which i bought for this event.

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

HI GODFATHER , Thanks for the reminder in the other post but i didn't want to upset the PROFF. BRIAN , so i will write the update here.

The RED PIG is almost finished ( of course i will never be satisfied till i finish it completely) .

The car is PARKED at the workshop for few bits and pieces , for example the steering wheel is too big and high makes it not comfortable to steer ,so i'm looking for compact one other than the one installed.

For last month i was waiting for the custom to release the papers of the new engine ( it suppose to arrive from the port ) it just arrived last week so i can complete the registration.

the car is driven by the MECHANICS for testing and making sure it is safe to drive and nothing is wrong.

ABOUT CAIRO , it is very hard to describe it but it is cosmopolitan city where you can see everything -poor ,rich, new ,old and communities of high society and poor areas of the old city ,EGYPTIANS are a MIX of all east and west and they are the extract of many races ( of course we say we are the PHAROES) but as one i can't tell that they look the same .
this days we face the worse days ever after the shaking and the new ruling regime who tends to be the political islamic who was brought to power by the mass volume of the majority of the people, who think that they will have a solution to our problems .

i hate to talk politics and i personally a very liberal educated person who is living the nightmare of what is going on.

NO ONE CAN PREDICT tomorrow but i can't digest today.

REGARDS

TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
Well, we needed to say RIP to Tarek in Egypt who was a wonderful contributor to TK with a lot of panache, but unfortunately it was heart problems that resulted in his death. Even nowadays, I still think of him and his beautiful command of the English language. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
How very sad that we’ve lost him and several other cherished individuals along the way! Don’t let this be you!!! Finish those projects & get them out to enjoy life (says me)!!
I wonder what happened to his car?