More threads by motec 6.9

Oversize

Grand Master
OMG how much fun would THAT be???? :cool::D:cool:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark near as i can tell it is claiming the engine is now 6.6 litres and is making 500 hp which is more than the original red pig . In the words of big kev im excited lol:D

WiSeGuYY

HEY MOTEC , thanks for the post and no thanks for the price LOL it is extreemly expenssive compare with my outcome which suffer from major set backs and need still too much to accomplish. ( might go today to check it) after the office hours.

i love the dash and consule. i tried 3 different models including the original and the dash of w115 -w124 and the dash of w201 very confusing. i found a set of A/C original but they ask 1000 usd for fan coil and rediator with hoses , i have the compressor of the new engine and it become a nightmare and result not as expected YET.
last month i was only doing the seats and interior of doors and carpets .

reading the article of crushing the gullwing made me more sad.

REGARDS

TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
That's a very serious restoration,with huge modifications, accompanied by a very serious price. The engine alone cost Euros 80K., and has been professionally fettled with balancing and weight reductions. It will be interesting if it sells all that readily.

Tarek, tell us a little more (specifically) regarding your set-backs on your piglet. Regards Styria

N.B. As a matter of interest, where did you purchase your upholstery and carpets from ? Locally in Egypt, Germany or US ? Was the price okay ? Only if you want to talk about it.

WiSeGuYY

Dear GODFATHER , it is my pleasure to post about my piglet but when it is a joy but for the last 3 month it is only greif, the seats and door internal are the car original ( w108) only needed the inside straw and some ironing , carpets bought in CAIRO tailored here in a small shop owned by an egyptian used to travel toGERMANY to buy cars and spare parts there( his GERMAN is much better than me ) and showed me catalouges of elite rare mercedeses and i trusted his knowldge , but the result was not worth the money paid and it show that is done very unprofessional and need fine tuning, again as i said before i put the battery in the rear boot of the car ( as BMW) due to lack of space in the front, that needed a long cables to run from front to rear -that was taken from new benz imported from GERMANY. satill negociating the A/C it is still laying in the front half of a W108 imported from the States.it is hard to decide -the car originally did not have A/C plus this will effect the power output out of the engine , also the price asked is about 1000 USD and that i can't justify for myself for a car will be in the garage ALL the time, the rubber around front and rear windows i need to change and both don't exist in this country.steering wheel UHH another nightmare igot a balack one but they mess the installation so bad that today they show me the original of the car which was cracked white one ,saying the horn of the black one is damaged and don't work. the cable after installation was short and i refuse to put extension and change it so all carpets was messed up again. i know it sound the work of idiots but that is what is going for monthes , i bought a backer europa since the mexico i bought erlier was not working , bought new bosch horns original and the fog lights like the real setup but from china production but awsome and a Hirshman automatic antena , that is all for now but the carpets are dirty again and 2 front seats are out waiting for puting the consule which wait for my dessicion if i will find A/C or skip it .
it is annoying but i'm still trying.

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
Tarek you've been talking about the A/C for a while now and sadly for you it's been a big headache sourcing parts. However I'd suggest you don't skip it because it's obviously important to you and you'll regret it later if you don't complete the installation. Yes it's very frustrating because parts there are in short supply, but at least your labor is cheap!

And all of this will make it far more satisfying when you finish the job and turn the key for your first drive... :):cool:

WiSeGuYY

Very true MARK , it is nightmare , i was promissed the A/C since few monthes but i just stumble to same supplier but sadly he mentioned the price to me and i find it still high , i was told i can put a japanese or other not authentic mercedes but i decline. thanks MARK your openion is dear to me but already i exeeded the budget i put and just sold 2 cars in the house and bought the new ELANTRA ( HYUNDAI ) to save the C 300 From turning to globe troter .

REGARDS

TAREK

P.S GEOFF didn't make it any easier by showing me a red pig worth 280,00 euros.

REGARDS

TAREK