Red car for Michel

More threads by 260ebenz

Styria

The Godfather
Yes Andrew, you're quite right. To be precise, it is a mixture of Red and Orange - they call it Tangerine, or possibly Orangerine ! ;)

BTW Andrew, I have been quite amiss in not welcoming you back. So buddy, here goes. Welcome Back ! Quite frequently, I used to think "whatever has happened to him" but I consoled myself with the notion that this is the Internet, and Internet friendships can be here today or gone tomorrow, with no obvious motive. So, good to have you back - as a matter of interest, you and your Dad did have two 6.9s - are they still about, and I also hope that your Dad is enjoying good health. Regards Styria

Andrew280SEL

Yes Andrew, you're quite right. To be precise, it is a mixture of Red and Orange - they call it Tangerine, or possibly Orangerine ! ;)

BTW Andrew, I have been quite amiss in not welcoming you back. So buddy, here goes. Welcome Back ! Quite frequently, I used to think "whatever has happened to him" but I consoled myself with the notion that this is the Internet, and Internet friendships can be here today or gone tomorrow, with no obvious motive. So, good to have you back - as a matter of interest, you and your Dad did have two 6.9s - are they still about, and I also hope that your Dad is enjoying good health. Regards Styria

Many thanks Styria ;) It's good to see you too and yes, I have been quite "slack" in keeping up with my forum activity! Daily life can steal a lot of my time; perhaps I could do better at balancing my time though.

Dad's okay. Did have a knee operation about a year ago which unforunately then resulted in a pulmonary embolism (hope that's spelt right), i.e clots on the lungs. Was a bit of a close call there but now all is well.:)

We actually only have, and ever had, the one 6.9 :cool: the Milan Brown 1979, build number 51xx (forget the last two digits at this moment). Sadly it spends most of it's time covered up in the shed... Do try to start it every now and again though and clean it, give it a quick run, but not always easy because we have a few vehicles blocking the shed in :eek:

As such, and I'm very ashamed to say this, but we still never have put in a new set of cells, but it would only be needed if it was driven more often. Still, it's something we must get around to at some point. I don't want to be one of "those" guys who let's the cars sit around and never do anything on them :eek:

Oversize

Grand Master
Please don't drive it with stuffed cells, cause you might end up cracking the chassis! :eek::eek: I'm still chasing a good supplier of cells, but a result isn't far off now. I'm hoping they'll be around $150ea.

Andrew280SEL

Please don't drive it with stuffed cells, cause you might end up cracking the chassis! :eek::eek: I'm still chasing a good supplier of cells, but a result isn't far off now. I'm hoping they'll be around $150ea.

Crikey, I didn't realise that. Thanks Mark.

It rarely does get driven and even then only gently, but I'll keep that in mind. I can't remember the exact cost of cells we were quoted a year or two ago, but I think it was much more than that. Hopefully they really can be had for <$200ea.