speed cost money

More threads by motec 6.9

Oversize

Grand Master
Hi guys i started this post in the hope that some interest would be shown in suppliers for our cars. It would appear that only a few are interested. Going by reponces most of our cars will be going to sims metal. I was hoping that if anyone had there own links to post they might add to them. Or at the least more responses than i have seen. Maybe the post has the wrong heading as i have now expanded to replacement and restoration parts.

Good examples won't be headed to Sims on my watch!! Don't forget many owners aren't computer savvy, have slow internet, have little time for forums, or don't use the net at all... And some of us don't have a huge reserve of disposable income to splash on their cars regardless of enthusiasm levels :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Bill yes pick up at lunch time tomorrow. For others look at my avatar. I will take photos and post them tomorrow night .:D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
The serial number is for a 6.9 Tim. :D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Serial number #1873 Michel favourite colour 404 . It is a 1977 euro has been in Australia since 1977. Has zebrano and velour interior all original with Becker mexico and emergency blocks present.:D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Ant car has as far as I can work out allways had sheep skin seat covers. So velour is in excellent condition. :D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi guys just to give a teaser these are photos from WGB. Who addvised me to go have a look at this car . Will take more pictures today when i pick car up.

Attachments

• DSC_0695-1.jpg
    DSC_0695-1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0696.jpg
    DSC_0696.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0701.jpg
    DSC_0701.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0704.jpg
    DSC_0704.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0707.jpg
    DSC_0707.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0710.jpg
    DSC_0710.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0713.jpg
    DSC_0713.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0715-1.jpg
    DSC_0715-1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0716-1.jpg
    DSC_0716-1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0717-1.jpg
    DSC_0717-1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 10

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Congratulations mate!
It looks in pretty good nick! :cool:

Anytime you want to change that colour, just send it over....
I still have some red ;)

260ebenz

Master
6.9 looks good Motec and good to have another Brown car on the Forum.

Brown cars are the best forget about those red cars!
;)

WGB

Seeing the pics again reminded me that there was a set of rubber suspension blocks in the boot which I actually only noticed in teh pics after I was back home.

A very straight and untouched Euro with no significant rust. It drove very well.

Bill

Styria

The Godfather
Looks like a nice, original car. With all respects to everyone, I personally do think that Milan Brown is one of the more attractive 116 colours - it is a colour that suits the body very well. Well done, Geoff and good luck with your purchase. Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Would you like your barock (bundts) refurbished or maybe a new set http://www.fuchsfelge.de/index.php?id=344&L=1 ;)

Geoff, the brochure (website) provides preciously little detail regarding cost - well, in fact, no detail. 15" Bundts...hmm, I wonder how much. Plus on top, one needs to factor in cost of freight from Germany - which would be considerable. Cost factor probably out of range for many of us. Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather

This guy is pretty well switched on, and over the years, has provided the do- it- yourselfer with plenty of helpful hints. Mind you, if for argument's sake you want to purchase overhaul kits for the front suspension of the 6.9, he will tell you that the kit he has does not fit the 6.9 - only the other models, presumably. If then you ask for details of the differences in the parts between one and the other, you do not even get a reply. I was less than impressed with that part of his operation. Regards Styria