Something odd going on

More threads by Des

TJ 450

It looks like a 6.9 to me... I can see the suspension knob and the 260km/h speedo.

Tim

Styria

The Godfather
I like what I can see with both cars - the 'Hi-Fi' panel on the W126,is absolutely mind boggling and wonderfully executed. It'd be something that I would like to have in Gleaming Beauty.

The pink upholstery on the 116 - very nice, unusual and (!) attractive colour. However, have a look at the binding on the kneepad and the carpets (from what I can see) - very, very amateurish. Parks wouldn't put his name to it. Regards Styria

s class

I've just seen the cream one has the flat panel across the top of the rear seat backrest (as opposed to the pleats going all the way) - another 6.9 feature, though given that its been reuphoslstered, not exactly conclusive.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
That first cream one definately is (was?) a W116. It has Burl - made me wonder if its a 6.9. Just can't see the position where the suspension lever would be. Who's got eyes good enough to see if its a 240km/h or a 260km/h speedo?

I can see a suspension knob, but can't decifer the speedo reading.

TJ 450

That's a good point, although you wouldn't think it would have a W116 dash and instrument cluster if it was in fact a W126 modified. However, maybe they couldn't decide between the two, so they got the best of both worlds. :D

Tim

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Isn't your 560SEL full hydro suspension?

No.. only half....(the rear)

There were hardly any imported into Australia with the full hydro.

It was mainly for the US market and Europe

SELfor50

There is something odd going on with this W126, I wonder if anyone can spot it?

;)

254125597O090079425.png

image4963.png

Actually overtook a 380SEL yesterday very similar to this. All white, same sorta grill and 17 or 18" AMG Hammers that were chromed to the f*K!!!
Numberplates "Charles" and an asian lady driving it. I almost ran her off the road, car jacked her and drove away....... just for the wheels. :D

That black one on the first page is definately Dr Dre's car!!! So gangsta it's not funny. :cool:

OP
Des

Des

No.. only half....(the rear)

There were hardly any imported into Australia with the full hydro.

It was mainly for the US market and Europe

Got my brain going overtime now trying to think who it was that was talking about a full hydro 560SEL in Australia.

Apparently they can be lowered to minimise drag at high speeds

116Benz

I remember someone that had a mate that had a hydro 560 that was an import...that the one your thinking of Des?

OP
Des

Des

I remember someone that had a mate that had a hydro 560 that was an import...that the one your thinking of Des?

Not sure,

not sure if it was mentioned over on the other 116 site or on the M100 forum.

116Benz

or OZBENZ...I'm thinking thats where it is.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Apparently they can be lowered to minimise drag at high speeds

Not to mention great handling at high speed

OP
Des

Des

Not to mention great handling at high speed

That's a characteristic of every Mercedes I have driven, well above the legal speedlimit and it is very easy to handle, not like some cars that feel like they are going to throw you off the road and kill you.

While in Australia we are speed restricted to 110k's these cars were designed and intended to be driven comfortable at 100 miles per hour. That was the original crusing speed fo the Autobahns when they were designed back in the 1930's

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
these cars were designed and intended to be driven comfortable at 100 miles per hour. That was the original crusing speed fo the Autobahns when they were designed back in the 1930's
You're right es,

Although some sections of German autobahns DON'T have speed limits on them :D

OP
Des

Des

You're right es,

Although some sections of German autobahns DON'T have speed limits on them :D

I heard that nowdays 60% of the autobahns are speed limited. Which is a shame, not just because you can't "belt it" but the number of cars has clogged the roads much like in an other big city.

I have been doing some reading recently on German plans during the 1930's to also have tunnels running under the roads to compensate for the expected huge amounts of traffic that would be going into Berlin and other major cities.
They were thinking ahead, as apposed to other major cities around the world that are struggling to deal with the traffic problems.
Congestion charge in London is a good example of that, you guys over in Sydney/Melbourne have seen huge rises in parking costs over the last few years.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
II have been doing some reading recently on German plans during the 1930's to also have tunnels running under the roads to compensate for the expected huge amounts of traffic that would be going into Berlin and other major cities.
They were thinking ahead, as apposed to other major cities around the world that are struggling to deal with the traffic problems.

Please don't get me started on thinking ahead... :mad:

Our STUPID former Premier, one certain Neville Wran :rolleyes:, decided to sell off corridors of land earmarked for motorway construction so he can retire debt (which he didn't).....

OP
Des

Des

Tasmania is such a joke as well, the highway up the middle of the state is two lane, with the overtaking lanes every 10-15k's, no barrier down the middle of the road. So every week someone crosses on the wrong side of the road and wipes out a truck and kills themselves and other people.

Then we have the issues of the major roads into the city are single or double line, when an accident occurs it blocks the roads for hours, which happens every few weeks.

idiots who designed these roads.