Racing a 220SE

More threads by Helmet

260ebenz

Master
Terrific video Helmet thanks for posting the video.

Did I see a Pagoda & W109 in the video as well?

abl567

Super Moderator
Karen and I were on the road between Mammoth Lakes CA and Las Vegas NV and what should pull out of a gas station behind us? A neat and tidy white Gullwing! Not often you see them on the open road.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Karen and I were on the road between Mammoth Lakes CA and Las Vegas NV and what should pull out of a gas station behind us? A neat and tidy white Gullwing! Not often you see them on the open road.
So I am assuming that Karen, being an enterprising gal, tucked it in her handbag and it will follow you home in the luggage?
Regards,
Brian

abl567

Super Moderator
We had a Mustang as a renter Brian, the 300SL never stood a chance:D

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Helmet, you are indeed the original poster - as a rule, it's fair to state that I am usually the one to post a video a second time. There were a couple of things that stuck out a bit. Firstly, the car's immaculate condition and, dare I say it, preparation. Plus, the owner's speech really reminded me of an old, long distant friend of mine, who served his apprenticeship with Mercedes Benz and there was not a single aspect of any mechanical work that he was not able to carry out. Wonderful technical ability.

Also, David Coulthard - surprising to see his reddish, sweaty face, after practice. I know, racing suits etc., but still........

Also, I was slightly amused by the boot holding-down rubber straps. Those 220s - wonderful family car, only surpassed for everyday use by its bigger brother, the 300SEL. Regards Styria

BTW - have you driven your red Coupe lately ? It would have been an excellent car at the recent concours.