My pulse is racing!!!

More threads by Martin280s

OP
Martin280s

Martin280s

That's a smart looking 350. Shame there's no interior pics but I love the colour.

If it helps, I'm telling you to sell the w124 as well:D

I've talked with 116Benz at length about how I think the newer Benzes are just not as good as the old ones...

I just might go and see this one!:D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Sell sell sell (the 124)

Buy Buy Buy the 116 :D

Go on, you know you want to...:p

116Benz

I approve of that one too, it's the same colour as my 280SE. If it was a 126 and not a 124 I'd say keep, but it's a 124, and well, unless its an 320CE/E320/E220 cabrio I'd go with sell. The 350 is a bit of a looker, R16,500 isnt alot for it either. Has a Bamboo interior too, that would contrast well with LG.

OP
Martin280s

Martin280s

Sell sell sell (the 124)

Buy Buy Buy the 116 :D

Go on, you know you want to...:p

Yes, I know I want to but should I??????????

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Yes, I know I want to but should I??????????

Only YOU can make that decision....

We are all here for moral support.
Don't misunderstand me, we would all come for a drive if you were a tiny weeny little bit closer...:D

Go for it Martin.....
You know you want it....:p

OP
Martin280s

Martin280s

About rust, it's not a big issue on W116 but R107's and W108/1098's is another thing!

I've arranged to go and see her tomorrow, I hope she's not as good as she looks...to be on the safe side!

116Benz

As I gaze into my crystal ball.....I see...I see a star LOL
Umm Martin, it's not that i'm concerned that the car might not measure up....BUT what if it does? How should you word the ad for the 300E?

OP
Martin280s

Martin280s

Well guys, this weekend it rained a lot after almost two months! Even so, I went to see the car. Pity it wasn't today...it's sunny again!

Verdict:

1st, the data plate

116028 10 01685 5
4080585 34
387H M O
220 593

The paint is not too good, there's a bit of rust on the rear left door, and a sill needs seeing to. The front left wheel arch has been slightly damaged too. The rest is pretty straight.
The sunroof works!
It's had power windows fitted but not with the correct switches nor have the rear door had the switch put in the correct place.
Her dash is the same as in my 280S, no rev counter fitted.
The front seats are electro-welded MB-Tex and the rears stitched MB-tex, curious! But are colour-matched in what I call Cognac but I think it's "Bamboo". The carpets are in good shape, so is the general interior, with just a couple of areas needing attention. The dash trim is that dark, almost chocolate colour...and in perfect condition. There are also rear headrests fitted but no reading lights nor seat belts.
The glass, and lights are good.

Mechanically, she seemed to be spot on, fabulous brakes and good stability. Although she would benefit from having the alignment done.
The motor is smooth and starts well, the GBox shifts quietly but the lever needs to have the rubber bush changed. There was a bit of a squeak from the front right suspension, nothing to worry about though.

Should I buy her????? Now that's the question. If I were to sell my W124 there would be money left over to do what needs doing to her. But would I then want to use her as a daily?

The seller is in NO hurry...that's the worry for me! I can think this over. After a respray, then clean up the interior (Yes, she was very dirty in and out), replace the mechanical windows and she'd be a looker.

Let's see what happens....I'm not going to force it :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Why not drive it after you tidy it up?

The whole idea of owning our cars is to enjoy them.
Your W124 goes and the W116 takes its place..:D