Battery Life

More threads by Oversize

sean sherry

Master
I recall,, back a few years that Varta Batteries were top of the line and were good for at least 8 years in the Saabs I drove then.. I'm sure Mercedes, like all the others ,put the Battery supply out to tender to their Specifications. Plus everything else they buy in. Probably most of the Car ! Designed by the Cost Accountant.

Styria

The Godfather
I know this is not a battery item, thus I should not really speak about another Mercedes part which touches upon "genuine" Mercedes, and I am referring to wheel bearings and probably many other bearings as well. All clearly marked, but made in France. Replacement Bosch 6.9 Ignition coils made in Spain. Regards. Styria

sean sherry

Master
I think it is now called the "World Economy " Styria!
Bits for the Boeing 747 Tails are made in Melbourne and the Wings for the Airbus 380 are made in Wales.
Alloy Wheels and Suspension Springs for Mercedes were from South Australia.?

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I think it is now called the "World Economy " Styria!
Bits for the Boeing 747 Tails are made in Melbourne and the Wings for the Airbus 380 are made in Wales.
Alloy Wheels and Suspension Springs for Mercedes were from South Australia.?
Ah but where are the Airbus 380 batteries made?
And batteries for the Boeing Dreamliner?
I seem to recall some issues with their batteries......sound familiar?
Regards,
Brian

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Ah but where are the Airbus 380 batteries made?
And batteries for the Boeing Dreamliner?
I seem to recall some issues with their batteries......sound familiar?
Regards,
Brian

The Dreamliner uses GS Yuasa.

260ebenz

Master
300SE has a Global Yuasa battery which was only fitted 18 months ago.

Would have to double check the price for the GY battery.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Don't start me on iPhone batteries! My dies at 17% and shuts it off rendering it totally useless.... Sometimes it doesn't even last a whole day! :mad::confused::eek::(

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Don't start me on iPhone batteries! My dies at 17% and shuts it off rendering it totally useless.... Sometimes it doesn't even last a whole day! :mad::confused::eek::(
I am told that regularly you should let your IPhone and IPad batteries run right to zero and switch off - and then fully charge in one go. It has to do with resetting the memory of the battery - and here we have an interesting issue for car batteries. Although they may read as fully charged if they have a "green eye" it appears that they might only be 50% charged to give this and thus fool people into thinking they have a fully charged battery. Also, the "green eye" tells you nothing about the state of charge - that is, how long before the battery is flat.
interestingly, the batteries for my Leica camera are now 12 years old and give almost identical performance as when new.
Good battery life is possible but why build it in to a product when you can increase profits by making dud batteries?
Regards,
Brian