Battery Advance

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
A new development called Qilin a Battery from China promises 1000Ks per Charge. 15% more than Tesla's
plan for next Year.. Cost and Type....... not yet. But Cost and Weight will decide.
It seems that competition or Wars..... drive development.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes Michel, we are going through testing times.....The Share Market in particular is a minefield. As with Battery cars sit, tight until the way forward is clear Or clearer.
Many articles on U Tube claiming that this is the next major development . who to believe.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
One has to weigh the plusses and minuses.
A friend of mine called me from the Sunshine Coast asking me about buying an electric car.
He definitely could not afford a Tesla, more likely an MG.
When I queried about the reason for this rush, he said it was because of the very high cost of petrol.
When I mentioned that the waiting time for electric/hybrid cars is at a minimum of 6-12 months, he nearly fainted. He was so upset that he was paying so much for fuel, etc.
I had to calm him down and explain that he will have to buy a lot of fuel to reach the cost of a new electric car and that he better waited until prices stabilised and rebates were more palatable.
He finally got my point.
It’s cheaper to put fuel at a higher cost in our cars then to spend a fortune on a new car only to save a few dollars in fuel costs.