The MAKING of RED PIG

More threads by WiSeGuYY

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hey MARK , i already made a new exhaust the old scabed with the late 5 cylender 3 liters diesel engine , the manifold of old engine did not fit of course
the new engine needed a new setup including the ne exhaust , i might test drive it few times but my son who currently moved to NEW YORK was showing interest in her ( not for the w116) and was coming with me to check the progress till he moved to the USA.

he still follow me with SKYPE LOL.

today i checked the electricians , they said the dismantel the A/C and try to measure the length of new hoses ( the existing ones too old to use ) , can you please elaborate on the extractors you mentioned earlier?

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

GREED, i'm discussing putting central locking system like the w126 and w116 need your openion.
that was my electrician advice.

REGARDS

TAREK

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
GREED, i'm discussing putting central locking system like the w126 and w116 need your openion.
that was my electrician advice.

REGARDS

TAREK

You're not really thinking about a vacuum set up I hope :rolleyes:

There are a couple of aftermarket electrically operated (solenoid) units.
These would be great (if you can find one for the 108).

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi MICHEL , i have the electrical one on the new W204 the C300 but i am thinking of the vacum one , the w126 & w116 it will eventually bought from a scrap yard , what are the i should avoid ?

REGARDS

TAREK

Tony66_au

Hi MICHEL , i have the electrical one on the new W204 the C300 but i am thinking of the vacum one , the w126 & w116 it will eventually bought from a scrap yard , what are the i should avoid ?

REGARDS

TAREK

Ummm you should avoid a vacuum central locking type......

$50 will get you a 4 door remote central locking kit here in Oz Tarek, Id suggest you go that route mate.

I believe that the Vac central locking was a safety feature incase you dunked your car in water and because it was quiet but theres a fair bit to them and retro fitting a Vac system would be a nightmare, making it work would be worse.....

Tony

Oversize

Grand Master
Hey MARK , i already made a new exhaust the old scabed with the late 5 cylender 3 liters diesel engine , the manifold of old engine did not fit of course
the new engine needed a new setup including the ne exhaust , i might test drive it few times but my son who currently moved to NEW YORK was showing interest in her ( not for the w116) and was coming with me to check the progress till he moved to the USA.

today i checked the electricians , they said the dismantel the A/C and try to measure the length of new hoses ( the existing ones too old to use ) , can you please elaborate on the extractors you mentioned earlier?

REGARDS TAREK

I agree re the vacuum system. I do like the way they operate when it's functioning correctly, but adding it to another car would send you bonkers.

Tarek extractors are aftermarket pipes that replace the original exhaust manifold. The idea is to improve flow and if the design is right, 'extract' the exhaust gasses from a cylinder by using pulses from the others. Off-the-shelf ones are available hear for 'popular' common vehicles, but for the majority of MBs they'd need to be custom made.

There is an art to making them so the pipes aren't restricted when they're bent. And there's different designs to suit different rev ranges and applications. They tend to be noisier than the cast manifolds and can increase the heat stress on surrounding parts and the engine bay temperatures generally.

Here we can get heat-resistant tape to wrap the pipes and reduce these issues along with various heat shields over critical parts. I used to lose the hydraulic clutch on my XE ESP due to excessive heat from the extractors being in close proximity to the slave cylinder and pipe... :eek:

The best option to reduce heat and improve flow is to have them ceramic coated inside and out, but I'm not sure if you have that option over there.

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Thanks MARK & TONY but that sounds heavy for me , temp here is higher than AUSTRALIA most of the year round , don't need to over heat the engine for few extra horses which basicly i can't use in this country with our streets which are very similer to your parking lots.I don't quite sure i get the exeplaination but i never saw this here and i think it is invention for tracks and rings you aquired by watching FURMULA races and professional racing, again i just want street legal car looks like the rote sau.

About vacum hummm you both made me worried but my BIG BENZ the w126 is equipped with vacum centeral lock which i never had to mintain for the last 22 years i had it , my new BLU i bought last year for restoration had it also but needed to be looked at since it was not working unless the engine runs and pressure increase inside , so probably somthing need to be rectified.
I know about the electrical locks which i don't prefer but if both of you GURUS recomend then it is another story , specially MICHEL tends to deliver a message with same meaning when he commented earlier. i'll keep investigating and let you know.
REGARDS

TAREK

Tony66_au

The solenoid units id avoid as they are fairly brutal but the motor driven units are nice and cheap enough.

I think there is ample justification to use aftermarket units with a remote in this instance as your model didnt come with central locking anyway I believe.

Tony66_au

REGARDS

TAREK

Tarek have you investigated using an aftermarket HotRod style AC/Heater?

They are a basic stand alone box with 3, 5 or more outlets that can be mounted anywhere and connected to any A/C Compressor and they work quite well.

Try this site for ideas. http://www.speedyairspares.com.au/

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Thank You TONY , they already install the A/C ( fan coil and rediator in the front) the blower still not yet installed so as the hoses which we will use new ones to replace the old bought ones-only we will use the ends steel threads( we call it lockers here) the fan in the front also installed the car looks progressing THANK YOU MARKKKKK LOL , already the interior of the four doors went back since i didn't like them to be redone, one door handle will be fixed ,we are after the rubber seals for trunk and doors a but the car looks much better .
and try to get the rubber for front and rear windshield ( i don't like the ones i have)
I decided to put the vacum set for the 4 doors ,i will see the result in a couple of days.

After MOTEC show me the price of the german rote sau LOL i'll keep fixing.

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
Oh boy he went for the vacuum setup! Now that'll be interesting... I guess if you know how it works and you have new check valves, good slaves, master valve, and tank, plus a large supply of nylon pipe and rubber hose you could pull it off.

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

LOL@ MARK , you made me smile for the first time today , had minor setback( as usual) the compressor looks like jammed , need to be changed it effect the engine when operates.
Concerning the vacum , yes i got the master valve ( motor) and it came with sponge case ( 2 halves) -looks new- i suppose to get the 4 rubber pimps for under the 4 locks, and yes i got the yellow pipes ( plenty of them) which run from the master to the doors , i'm still curious howand where they will put it but looks interesting.

TONY , here attached one phot cause the car still under intensive make up , we still need new compressor cause the one came with the engine is not working properly.i also decide to change the inner clothing of the doors , the one it was there looks ugly .let me download my photo from the blackberry and i will post it .

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

here are the before and after front part after putting the rediator.

REGARDS

TAREK

Attachments

• IMG-20111027-00243.jpg
    IMG-20111027-00243.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20111027-00242.jpg
    IMG-20111027-00242.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-20120409-00342.jpg
    IMG-20120409-00342.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20120409-00343.jpg
    IMG-20120409-00343.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 7

Oversize

Grand Master
WOW!!!! Fantastic job Tarek; the engine looks like it's always been there! Love the paint and the wheels too... :D:D

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

THANKS GUYS , support is working as miracle , MARK THANK YOU for pushing me to the right direction ( going to put the A/C) , LOL i thought i posted the wheels before but its ok , THANKS TONY i love it , still too much to do to go to get the license .

NOW another debate about ----- the front fender -- the large guards make the front metalic bumper looks odd , please note RED PIG don't have front and rear bumbers, DRIVING in CAIRO -if any- will be a suicide act . i wanted to lose the front though i bought this model cause of the double decker LOL need my freinds to brain storm .
Also note i still didn't put the rubber on ( it is still new) any way it is early to decide -if i lose them it will be in mky house garage when this adventure is over.

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
Yes you did show us the wheels before but they still look good!! :D

A pic with the bumper fitted perhaps???

Tony66_au

The merc Bumper wont work with the lights and it will ruin the "Look" in my opinion, Id fab up a bar with RHS and paint it satin black or cut up a front bumper to make 2 Bumperettes that extend from the side of the grille and slightly around the front guard, perhaps using a 116 half bumper above or below your chopped and sectioned original bumper.

SO! Fit Original bumper with the grille section removed and added mounts for stability and perhaps weld W116 front over rider bumpers above or below the sectioned pieces.

Front bumper to be Black chromed or painted Satin black.