too cool running

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
I had decided I needed a Summer and a Winter thermostat. 72% Summer and 80% Winter. Both did the job ok. With the 72% fitted the temp. was below 80% on a cold day. Needs to be at least 85% for the heater to perform. Before I put the 80 % one back in ( heater not hot enough , top down any cold day ) I was advised to drill 4 small holes in the 80% unit for Summer and Winter use. No need to keep changing them.
I was aware that if an engine is still running too hot ..( all things being equal ) then holes drilled in the thermostat will increase the flow and fix the problem.
I never had this problem and wonder if following the above advice would sort this minor Heater issue ?
Sean

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
To answer my own question............. The 80 % thermostat now fitted to my 280 S L 107 and with 3 holes drilled in it works fine as now does the heater on a cold day.

Also Tuning Boxes do work. Available for Turbo GLI C Class as well as my new Golf. The C Class does not need one as it has plenty of urge from the Factory setup. My base 90 KW MK 7 Golf responds well having around 15 % to 20% increase in Torque from 1500 RPM to 4000RPM. It's an adjustable unit and best at the default setting. To much boost and the engine gets harsh as it revs out. Reminds me of a 1.6 Peugoet engine that was available as carburetter or Injected .The injected model was harsh as it revved out. There is always a happy medium.
Sean

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Very cool Sean glad you had success with your SL . And are enjoying your new Dak Dak . :D:D