Too good not to share

More threads by oscar

oscar

From Aus Ebay, Perth specifically - $180,000 worth of South African paint using the same colour system as Glasurit being sold in bucket load lots as $1 NR auctions.

Was going to wait until I won "my" paint but these listings are too good to not share plus there's so much to go round.

A bunch of basecoats and tinters (no hardeners, reducers or clears available I think, which you'd have to buy locally)

Check the seller's items, http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZjustgoodgear

here's one example (not the one I'm going to bid on) ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Automotive-c...ryZ43997QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OzBenzHead

Master
Sheesh! Oscar - what a find. Even with the expense of freighting the stuff east, it might prove to be a bargain.

I've sooled my panel man onto it, as there are six paint jobs in line for my fleet over the coming year. Any idea what the stuff's shelf life is likely to be?

If my man reckons it's a goer for my cars (and perhaps for some other jobs he might have), perhaps we could combine an order and make a saving on freight. Anyone else on the eastern seaboard interested?

I'd be happy to collect mine from a central point such as Sydney when I'm passing through in April.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Oscar, that's just unbelievable. Give me a couple of days to examine this stuff a bit better. Regards, Styria

OP
oscar

oscar

Some of those basecoats are up around 30L worth or more in each auction. He says he's expecting to sell to panel shops and the like, but at these prices, I think all the w116's I'll ever own from now on will be a certain shade of red. I'll even repaint the Territory and kids pushbikes.

I'm surprised Michel hasn't snapped up all the red.