Good things happen too!!!

More threads by BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
A story with a happy ending. :D:D:D
Last weekend I locked the Tom Tom in the centre security console of Miss Olga's Spirit. When I went to unlock it I could not get the lock to budge. I tried all my tricks on and off for several days....I went to the locksmiths whom I know to be good and after two hours they had to admit defeat. They could not pick the lock, they made a skeleton key, they tried a little persuasion and all they knew and gave up.
Now, the bad part is that the centre console can not be dismantled from the outside and even if it could, the centre locker is isolated from the rest of the console so it would still mean cutting into it from the bottom. Maybe I should drill out the lock and order a new one from the factory?
Well I asked the advice of my Benz Independent who suggested I let him try as he is a James Bond fan. After 5 minutes he had picked the lock and extracted the jammed tumbler, rebuilt the lock and been back to the amazed locksmith to get the special grease they use for Lane tumbler locks. No he will not give away his secret...:D:D:D:D:D:D
regards,
BenzBoy

Des

Excellent story, glad you didnt have to take to the car with an axe

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Des, I believe if I had sent it to the Factory Dealer they would have taken an axe to the box and given me a bill for building a new one, as well as a bill for the cow they would kill to tan the leather to match the trim.....:eek:
Regards,
BenzBoy

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Nice one Benz Boy....

Obviously the young locksmith has a fair bit to learn from the older expert...;)