Switch Panel & Push Button Start

More threads by SELfor50

SELfor50

I've been busily trying to ready the car for winton.
A few of the mod's almost done are:

Remove Ignition Barrell
Remove Steering Lock
Remove Heater Console and Piping
Remove Cruise Control Actuator / Governor and cable

Install Switch Panel for Electrics
Install Killswitch
Install Push Button Start

The panel and push button switch box haven't been fixed to the console as yet, just need to fabricate the mounting panel.
I finished the wiring yesterday, I just need to troubleshoot an issue (when shifted to Reverse it blows the inline fuse, should just be the reverse lights shorting out - will trace back tonight)

Anyway, some video of it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxo-BCWYCeE

B

BAR

Have you already removed all the airconditioning?

Didn't see that on the list of remove parts and components.

When you remove the heater / air box, try not to damage it. Styria and or others amy like to have it and recondition the unit to use when doing the next restoration.

It is handy to have a second unti available, that way one can remove a suspect unit and replace it with a reconditioned unit and complete the job on the car in short time, then get on with reconditioning the removed unit.

I'd love to get my hands on one myself and that way replace the ageing foam parts etc.

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Have you already removed all the airconditioning?

Didn't see that on the list of remove parts and components.

When you remove the heater / air box, try not to damage it. Styria and or others amy like to have it and recondition the unit to use when doing the next restoration.

It is handy to have a second unti available, that way one can remove a suspect unit and replace it with a reconditioned unit and complete the job on the car in short time, then get on with reconditioning the removed unit.

I'd love to get my hands on one myself and that way replace the ageing foam parts etc.

Hey BAR,

Haven't gone as far in the depths as the actul box / air unit.

Just got rid of everything that was in my way. :) After the events i'm competing in (or between the events) over the next month or so, I'll take some time to detach the newly fabricated cover/panel and proceed to remove all the other 'dead weight'. The heater box is in great nic, actually burns when it's on. :)

If/when I remove it, then let me know if you want it.

Cam.