Racing Finny 230S VS Standard 230S

More threads by grant v

B13

Great photos Grant! Love them!

The frequenters of the Motorsports section on this here forum would be pleased to hear about the mods to the car, what was a success (and what wasn't).

I see you've gone with the Bundt alloys - they look so good on the earlier era car... do you use an R-spec tyre or a slick?

I.

Des

Tasmanian built finnie race car,

raced a few years in Targa Tasmania, I believe it got crashed and killed last year.

100_0168.png

100_0169.png

100_0167.png

100_0171.png

s class

Very nice Grant, thanks. I'm glad to see you're taking some time off work to play cars for a change.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Great photography Grant.

I like the 'confrontational' and comparative positionning of the two Finnies.

oscar

Good luck with the site Grant, looking forward to seeing it.

Ditto on the tyres, what have you got? Whilst I've wanted fat tyres there's a set of 195/60/14 semi slicks I wouldn't mind trying on bundts.

SELfor50

AWESOME Idea for a site Grant!!

I'm with Michel, love the pics where the car's are 'confrontational'. Can really see the difference in ride level, feel etc. Just goes to show the difference with factory, luxury cruisers that are turned into something of a different beast.. Keep em comin!

Also nice pics of the Targa finny Des!

OP
grant v

grant v

The black Finny belongs to my good friend David, and this is an immaculate original with about 80 000 miles on the clock. When I say original, I mean untouched from the factory.

I took him for a spin in the racer to get his impression, which was interesting. He said that the racer is so far divorced from his car in every sense, and it's very diffucult to tell that you're in the same car. His Finny has a very definite 'feel' to it, the ride height, the smell of the leather.
The racer is raw by comparisson and feels so different, that only the steering and dashboard give any clues as to its origins.

Interesting observation.