Interesting link.

More threads by Martin280s

Martin280s

Last edited:

Lukas

Great page Martin, thanks for that. Interesting to see a few of the cars (130H and 170H I think it was) that look somewhat like the beetle.

Lukas

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Martin, this is my second attempt at replying to your thread - whatever was the cause, I lost the initial part reply.

There isn't much that I will say right now, except to thank you for putting these pics. on Topklasse. Really, these are more than just pics - they dig deep into Motoring history and it had made one thing clear for me - what Mercedes tradition stands for.

From a historical point of view, it matters little what Mercedes, or indeed other manufacturers, claim to be today - forget computer designs and assists, roadholding, speed, and whatever else you would like to think of. There is one thing that no one can really buy, there is no amount of badging that will succeed , in procuring the one thing that really matters when you speak of Classic Cars - and that is HERITAGE and TRADITION.

Sure, Rolls Royce and Bentley are major players in the heritage stakes, but they are no longer what they were even ten years ago. Other manufacturers such as Hispano Suiza, Bugatti, Delahaye, Daimler, etc. etc. are long gone - Mercedes still stand today. Thanks for sharing these pics with us. I will have more to say at a later stage. Regards Styria

OP
Martin280s

Martin280s

Styria

The Godfather
Well, I shall stop doing the translation I started!;)
Hi Martin, no, don't stop now - you may as well finish what you have started ! :D

BB - you're not just a pretty face. I always knew there was more to you than meets the eye. Seriously, thank you though - the pics were great, the translation makes it even better. Regards Styria